Wisdom teeth yanked

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out. Anyone else had this done all at once?

I'm still woozy from the anathesia but I gotta wait 2 hours and heep pressure on cotton swaps in my mouth to stop the blood.

ea4d6841f88932e26cadf798bf3a47ef.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
2nd worst experience of my life...woke up halfway through the surgery with the dentists fist in my mouth...lots of pain afterwards...drugs made me nauseous...couldn't eat solid foods for like 2 weeks....couldn't use a straw for like 2 months...wish they would've just left them in....all 4 of mine were impacted.

Foques

He who caN
Jul 18, 2008
Streamwood
Not at all actually, if they were I know infections can cause really serious health problems so I'd go in ASAP.

that's a view that in Europe is referred as "American style dentistry".

My grand father and his father were dentists; matter of fact, my g-pa was a professor until he was 80some.

One of the points he has maintained was that the wisdom teeth are to be pulled when they cause an issue, No sooner.

About 10 years after the iron curtain fell, we started to get the idea that the teeth must be pulled no matter what, and it would drive him bananas.:dunno:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I've had 3 wisdom teeth and 4 incisors pulled. (Incisors pulled to make room in my mouth for braces). I had my wisdom teeth pulled one by one a few months apart and it was honestly no big deal, just Novocain for the procedure and Tylenol afterwards. I don't understand why some dentists insist on pulling all of them at once. Oh, and my dentist pulled them, not an oral surgeon. Granted mine weren't impacted or anything but it was no big deal. In fact I should go get the last tooth pulled

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had my wisdoms pulled about 3 or 4 years ago I think. My experience was great. Fast, easy, no anesthesia.

I opted out of being gassed, and chose local anesthetic. 30 minutes from the time I walked in the door, to the time I walked out. Healing took a while though.

None of my wisdoms were impacted, they were partially eruppted, and only 3 had grown. The reason I had them pulled were they were interfering with my bite, I have a slight overbite, but its still solid.

The teeth were cramped enough that the roots had fused together while they were developing. I'd occasionally get lock jaw where I couldn't open my jaw, and could barely get a straw past my teeth. The final straw was when I was eating a Chimichanga at a mexican joint at lunch and felt like I had bit down on a bit of bone. Well, it was bone, but it didn't come from the food. A chunk of the wisdom tooth had cracked of, because the tooth was basically dead.

I called around, set an appointment. I walked in, signed some paperwork, refused the gas 3 times. Got some novacain, waited 10 minutes. Dentist came in, open jaw, rams separator down the gumline, which made me make a pained noise. I wasn't expecting that. He shot me up again with MORE novacain. Then he walked away for 5 minutes. When he came back it was open mouth all the way, clamp goes in, close jaw halfway...CRANK/YANK, tooth out. Repeated 2 other times in the next MINUTE. Shoved some cotton gauze in there, and sent me on my way home with some anti-biotics and a few instructions to help prevent dry socket, and infections.

All together, it cost me $60 after insurance. I should have gotten it done YEARS ago. I kept the teeth as reminder to visit the dentist. One of them was dead and so rotten that I'm shocked it came out in once piece. Had it not, I might have had to go under so they could do surgery to remove the roots. They caused me problems for years, but I never considered the problems bad enough to get them pulled. I really wish I had done it earlier in my life.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I had all 4 of mine pulled a few years ago, was awake for the whole thing. Dentist said I needed to make room, but the teeth were healthy. :fu: dentist!

Never used the pain meds but the first night I was puking so hard the blood capillaries around my eyes burst. After day 2 I was fine except for looking like I was in a brawl with 2 black eyes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info