Anyone use an online bank?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Most everything is done online already. I rarley if ever go into a branch for my bank. With the ability to take photos of checks etc kinda defeats the purpose of an actual building.

They are able to offer a better interest rate because they have less overhead. They dont have to pay for the actual branches and everything that comes along with having a physical location.

The one downside would be to deposit actual cash. I do not believe there is a way to do that. You would have to depost the cash into an account that you have with an actual brick and mortar type bank. Then transfer that money to the online bank such as Ally.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Most everything is done online already. I rarley if ever go into a branch for my bank. With the ability to take photos of checks etc kinda defeats the purpose of an actual building.

They are able to offer a better interest rate because they have less overhead. They dont have to pay for the actual branches and everything that comes along with having a physical location.

The one downside would be to deposit actual cash. I do not believe there is a way to do that. You would have to depost the cash into an account that you have with an actual brick and mortar type bank. Then transfer that money to the online bank such as Ally.

Or buy a cashiers check with the cash

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Anything in the world is better then TCF. Was never so happy in my life to end a bank account as when I graduated from NIU and cancelled that thing.

I work for Discover and use their online banking without issue. 24/7 support with people in the US is always nice for if you do need to make a phone call.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I have chase, USAA (which is basically an online bank since there aren't any branches) and also American Express has a savings online bank as well.

I've only gone into a physical bank 2 times in the past 5 years, but it was when I was in San Antonio and needed a giant cashier's check from USAA. Everything else you never need to go into including bill pay, checks, free ATM fee's, deposits ect... Almost all deposits I do with my phone (take a picture of the check and boom it's there).

I keep Chase because they have so many ATM's around the United States that you can use one for cash deposits. Literally the only reason I have an account.

Go for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info