My dad has too much time on his hands

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
The baby boomer generation sure set themselves up nice. As a 68 yr old retiree my parents upgraded from my childhood house to a house with an in ground pool and hot tub. they needed the house for the extra 4 car garage to store his cars.. this is what keeps him occupied now.

Attachments

• IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 185

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
My grandfather does the same, Started out rebuilding wrecks from insurance companies and flipping them as a hobby once he retired.
Now he's moved on the actualy investments like restoring a

1960 Pontiac Ventura with a big block. Bought one like this brand new big block 3 duce carb, and 8 bolt wheels. GIGANTIC car.
1970 C10 hugger orange with hounds tooth interior. Classic truck he had one like it for a long time before one of his kids bought it and sold it!
1932 Chevy coupe. Period correct not some hacked up hotrod, Wire spoke wheels and all. If my memory serves me correct he had one when he 1st got married.

And latest one hes been trying to find is some old AMC Rambler. He used to work for an
AMC dealer back in the day so hes looking for an AMC Rambler I keep saying find a Javlin but well see.

Each one has some sort of connection to him previously.

Think of all the cars you'd like to have and restore from your younger years! I know Ive got about a 3 or 4 Id love to own again!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
That'll be the day they start "restoring" mitsubishi eclipses

You've never had a real car? :s00ls: LOL just kidding but really when was the last time anyone seen a clean stock 1st or 2nd gen DSM? I certainly haven't in a long time!

My 1st would be a White (Not Pearl damn it, and no vinyl top!) 92 Eldorado. Northstar V8 with blue leather interior. 300hp car when in highschool was fun! Also the kid in my class got pretty butthurt when the "grandpa" car destroyed his shitty little 94 Montecarlo with the 3.1..... LOL!

:fy: Was a BEAST in the snow with snowtires on it too in the winter!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info