Movie The Predator

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
It is being written by shane black (who starred in predator has Hawkins and has written movies like Iron Man 3 and The Monster Squad).

A year ago, the news broke that Shane Black (Iron Man 3, Lethal Weapon) had targeted a reworking/”inventive sequel” to 20th Century Fox’s Predator. So what progress has been made in the year since? According to Collider‘s recent interview with producer John Davis, writer/director (not to mention co-star of John McTiernan’s original) Black is still fully engaged to making the Predator sequel, despite having filmed the 1970’s-set noir The Nice Guys with Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe and the Amazon spaghetti western pilot “Edge” in the interim.
“Shane shot a movie and he’s doing a pilot now, but I’ve read a lot of his script and I think it’s genius,” Davis said. “I think it’s genius and I think it’s entertaining, and what it did is recreate a famous franchise in a different, interesting way; looking at it from a different light. He’s just an amazing writer-director. He’s got a way of looking at this that makes you excited again. I love this franchise. It was the first movie I ever did. I remember in being in the jungle with Arnold [Schwarzenegger] as a 28-year-old and going, ‘This is a fun business !’…Shane’s amazing. He’s an amazing storyteller.”

Black will be directing the new film and is writing the treatment that will tie in to franchise continuity, with the full script being supplied by his longtime pal Fred Dekker, with whom Black worked on Monster Squad.
“Shane’s got a writing partner, Fred Dekker,” Davis continued. “They’ve been doing it together and Fred’s great. The two of them together, they’ve been in the business for a long time, but the writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect and you’re going to say, ‘This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.’ I mean he’s the guy who wrote ‘Iron Man 3.'”
The 1987 original was directed by John McTiernan and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of a United States special forces team that comes under attack from an alien entity that prizes the thrill of the hunt above all else. It was followed by a direct sequel, Predator 2, in 1990 before crossing over with Fox’s Alien franchise for two additional sequels, Alien vs. Predator and AvP: Requiem. In 2010, Nimrod Antal helmed a reboot with a new feature, Predators.

Can't be any worse then the AVP series.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Welp, its happening.

New 'Predator' image teases sequel | EW.com

h4haF9W.jpg

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
huh, this is cool:

Cancelled reappearances

Arnold Schwarzenegger was originally intended to reprise the role of Dutch in Predator 2, and the actor was supposedly close to signing up. However, according to producer John Davis, a pay dispute amounting to $250,000 meant that the deal fell through and Schwarzenegger walked away from the project. The Dutch role was subsequently rewritten as Peter Keyes.

When Robert Rodriguez came to make Predators, he also intended to have Schwarzenegger reappear as Dutch, in the form of a cameo at the film's end — after defeating Berserker, Royce and Isabelle sit bloodied and exhausted in the jungle when a Yautja (predator race) ship lands nearby and a host of Predators emerge. Too tired to fight, the survivors await their fate, but the Predators do not attack. Instead they split into two single-file lines flanking the doorway, and through the gap in the center their leader emerges from the ship, his armor covered in trophies. The leader would then remove his helmet, revealing it to be Dutch, who tells Royce, "Not bad, kid... Not bad at all."The scene was dropped due to Schwarzenegger being unavailable, but Rodriguez has mentioned a desire to include the sequence in any potential Predators sequel.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
huh, this is cool:

Cancelled reappearances

Arnold Schwarzenegger was originally intended to reprise the role of Dutch in Predator 2, and the actor was supposedly close to signing up. However, according to producer John Davis, a pay dispute amounting to $250,000 meant that the deal fell through and Schwarzenegger walked away from the project. The Dutch role was subsequently rewritten as Peter Keyes.

When Robert Rodriguez came to make Predators, he also intended to have Schwarzenegger reappear as Dutch, in the form of a cameo at the film's end — after defeating Berserker, Royce and Isabelle sit bloodied and exhausted in the jungle when a Yautja (predator race) ship lands nearby and a host of Predators emerge. Too tired to fight, the survivors await their fate, but the Predators do not attack. Instead they split into two single-file lines flanking the doorway, and through the gap in the center their leader emerges from the ship, his armor covered in trophies. The leader would then remove his helmet, revealing it to be Dutch, who tells Royce, "Not bad, kid... Not bad at all."The scene was dropped due to Schwarzenegger being unavailable, but Rodriguez has mentioned a desire to include the sequence in any potential Predators sequel.

Thank god those never happened.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
huh, this is cool:

Cancelled reappearances

lol I was actually just about to say the Predators contacted Dutch and took him in as one of their own.

:obama:

Thank god those never happened.

you shut your whore mouth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info