Shooting at a movie theater in Louisiana

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Hmm I had this started in a different section.......

Getting pretty fucking sick of all this shit IMO.

Screw it metal detectors for every building in the country.... I don't care if its a monumental undertaking or not need to do something to counter the nutso's! Getting sick of innocent people getting shot at and killed because some dipshit wants to go down on the news.

But yeah seriously when is the madness going to stop?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Hmm I had this started in a different section.......

Getting pretty fucking sick of all this shit IMO.

Screw it metal detectors for every building in the country.... I don't care if its a monumental undertaking or not need to do something to counter the nutso's! Getting sick of innocent people getting shot at and killed because some dipshit wants to go down on the news.

But yeah seriously when is the madness going to stop?

Metal detectors? Lol, all the means is they'll kill people in the ticket line instead of in the theater.

I saw a report from vice that said it was a gun free zone
I thought all movie theaters were gun free zones?

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Sick and tragic world we live in. RIP. The media is so quick to point out the race, why in the fuck does that matter....

Seems like these gun free zones are an invitation for terrorists and the mentally unstable. This is only going to get worse and the knee jerk reaction will be TSA style security checkpoints to all public spaces - the mall, theaters, schools, etc.. Enjoy having your nutsack scanned by some dopehead before dropping $40 on tickets and popcorn.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The media is so quick to point out the race only if it's a white person committing a crime

Fixed that for you. We can't upset our entire voting block and every black is a victim mentality but we sure as fuck can throw any expendable honkey under the bus and hold him and his entire race accountable.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Damn media - headlines on CNN / Fox News keeps referencing WHITE MALE as the shooter. Who cares about the color / race.

would you be saying the same thing if it said black? arab?

I saw a report from vice that said it was a gun free zone

is there really any correlation between mass shootings and gun free zones, i'm hardly thinking people in this mindset are really factoring that in much if at all. it's not exactly as if we are talking about a bunch of rational logicians here.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
is there really any correlation between mass shootings and gun free zones, i'm hardly thinking people in this mindset are really factoring that in much if at all. it's not exactly as if we are talking about a bunch of rational logicians here.

A thought; one of the correlations may be the shooters are looking for higher populated areas where there is little opportunity for people to flee or stop the shooter by firing back (cause the public won't have guns on their persons). This allows the shooter to inflict a higher volume of injuries / death.

Just so happens these higher populated areas that have been targeted are gun free zones.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
A thought; one of the correlations may be the shooters are looking for higher populated areas where there is little opportunity for people to flee or stop the shooter by firing back (cause the public won't have guns on their persons). This allows the shooter to inflict a higher volume of injuries / death.

Just so happens these higher populated areas that have been targeted are gun free zones.

i think they are generally looking for places where they can do the most damage. some just happen to be gun free zones. even in a popular concealed carry state i'm skeptical they even think/care much/at all about others having guns, as what percentage of the population, even in the highest carry state/area, actually has guns on them or quicker access (one in the car)? it would be interesting to see that stat.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I did some reading on this incident. The gunman, once again, was known to have mental issues and violent tendencies well before this shooting. There was a restraining order out on him by his family who knew how violent he was. Why aren't these people treated/stopped before they get to the point where they commit acts like this? Government continues to cut mental health facility funding and judges leave people like this roaming the streets.

It seems that almost every time you have a shooting like this, the signs were clearly visible that the shooter had mental issues.

Details quickly emerged about Houser's mental problems, prompting authorities in Louisiana and Alabama to bemoan the underfunding of mental health services in America.

Court records describe erratic behavior and threats of violence that led to a brief involuntary hospitalization in 2008 and a restraining order preventing Houser from approaching family members. Houser "has a history of mental health issues, i.e., manic depression and/or bi-polar disorder," his estranged wife told the judge.

Police: Theater gunman killed with handgun he bought legally

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info