Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Off Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree72Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #276
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,467
Casino cash: $5341243
2.93 per day
Default

Been playing a bunch recently, enjoying it like i did before. I got really lucky with my first planet, had a bunch of eggs and then ran into a quest that gave me 2m credits . Great way to start out a second planet.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus ST3

Upload your pictures to TCG! See below:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...o-sharing.html

wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM   #277
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 158,693
Casino cash: $76427000
36.24 per day
Default

https://www.polygon.com/no-mans-sky-...drive-upgrades
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #278
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

The planet in the top of the article, i found one just like it. So much fun flying through the hoops
__________________
"It's never too cold for swamp ass."

XBO - NinjaTurtlThong
DD - 06 Cobalt SS/SC

tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #279
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,711
Casino cash: $108187529
8.84 per day
Default

It really does amaze me how easily you can kill HOURS in this game. I probably have about 45 hours into my ps4 copy now (probably at least 30 were put on when I first got the game 2 years ago), but I also just picked up a copy for xbox today, and now already have 3 hours into that

I thought it would suck starting all over from scratch. And it kinda did But, its also kinda fun, especially knowing what I know now. Definitely makes the opening a lot easier. Tho no less time consuming.
tinfoilhat likes this.
__________________
2014 ///M235i_____________________________________________ _____2004 Monaro
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #280
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,467
Casino cash: $5341243
2.93 per day
Default

@IDAFC21 what's your gamertag
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #281
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,467
Casino cash: $5341243
2.93 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
@IDAFC21 what's your gamertag
Nvm I think I already have you added
IDAFC21 likes this.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:39 PM   #282
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,094
Casino cash: $42489895
2.75 per day
Default

Just picked this up at Walmart for 9.99. Will give it a try tonight
tinfoilhat likes this.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #283
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,711
Casino cash: $108187529
8.84 per day
Default

So i did a thing last night before I quit for the night I hope I dont regret. I was at a space station, and started chatting up this vy'keen bro. (you know thats the biggest pain to starting over, In my ps4 game I spent a LOT of time learning as much of the vy'keen language as I could. But now I only have like 6 words so far ) Anyways, he seems to be offering me a straight up trade for a new multi tool. The one hes offering has 18 slots and is probably worth over 2 million units, BUT, many of the slots are damaged and need repair. I said whatevs and did the trade. Then I looked to see what it would take to repair this thing.... There are a couple slots that just need chromatic metal. No biggie there. The galaxy i spawned in has a couple planets that are lousy with copper, so a little mining and refining and I should have those fixed up. But then there's slots that take 2 technology modules each to repair. Those shits aint cheap, or easy to come by. THEN there's several slots that each require 5 microprocessors, 8 hermetic seals, and 6 ion batteries. Might be awhile before I get this thing fully functional. But it was free. And it did have a few more open spots already than my starting multi tool. Once I repair the chromatic metal ones I should have more than enough to tide me over for a while. So I guess thats what on the agenda tonight.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #284
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
So i did a thing last night before I quit for the night I hope I dont regret. I was at a space station, and started chatting up this vy'keen bro. (you know thats the biggest pain to starting over, In my ps4 game I spent a LOT of time learning as much of the vy'keen language as I could. But now I only have like 6 words so far ) Anyways, he seems to be offering me a straight up trade for a new multi tool. The one hes offering has 18 slots and is probably worth over 2 million units, BUT, many of the slots are damaged and need repair. I said whatevs and did the trade. Then I looked to see what it would take to repair this thing.... There are a couple slots that just need chromatic metal. No biggie there. The galaxy i spawned in has a couple planets that are lousy with copper, so a little mining and refining and I should have those fixed up. But then there's slots that take 2 technology modules each to repair. Those shits aint cheap, or easy to come by. THEN there's several slots that each require 5 microprocessors, 8 hermetic seals, and 6 ion batteries. Might be awhile before I get this thing fully functional. But it was free. And it did have a few more open spots already than my starting multi tool. Once I repair the chromatic metal ones I should have more than enough to tide me over for a while. So I guess thats what on the agenda tonight.
The tech modules and microprocessors are the only things that really suck because they cost the most money. Personally I just bought most of the materials. Tech modules are like 60k each and microprocessors i think are 10-20k.

Farm the larve cores or upgrade your scanner by purchasing scanner module upgrades. I get 10-200k for each new monster discovered.
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:43 AM   #285
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,711
Casino cash: $108187529
8.84 per day
Default

Tonight was rather productive. Got my hyperdrive built, repaired about 3 slots on my multitool, and collected some whispering eggs, so now i has monies. only about 2 mil, but its enough for emergency purchases. What I really need is freaking nanite clusters.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #286
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAFC21 View Post
Tonight was rather productive. Got my hyperdrive built, repaired about 3 slots on my multitool, and collected some whispering eggs, so now i has monies. only about 2 mil, but its enough for emergency purchases. What I really need is freaking nanite clusters.
Submit your discoveries and go to more planets. Easiest way to get nanites
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #287
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,467
Casino cash: $5341243
2.93 per day
Default

Yep submit your milestones to the guy in the anomaly with the blind gek. I got like 1300 nanites from submitting mine.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #288
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Yep submit your milestones to the guy in the anomaly with the blind gek. I got like 1300 nanites from submitting mine.
go there often too. he gives you some for all discoveries
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #289
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Also when you are in the ATLAS space station (big red ball thing)

WALK OVER ALL THE BALL LIGHTS ON THE GROUND! Sometimes they teach you words
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #290
Restoration Hell
 
cap42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 1,920
Casino cash: $3495000
0.37 per day
Default

Going to download this on pc and give it a whirl.
__________________
1971 Nova - Rust bucket in process of restoration
cap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #291
WOW.
 
IDAFC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 38,711
Casino cash: $108187529
8.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
Submit your discoveries and go to more planets. Easiest way to get nanites
Yeah ive been submitting. My starting galaxy only has 3 planets, so theres only so much for me to discover. But Im fixin to warp out of here tonight cuz I need that antimatter recipe.
tinfoilhat and wombat like this.
IDAFC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #292
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,178
Casino cash: $36037800
1.29 per day
Default

I have this game, but uninstalled it a while back after only playing if for an hour since it was incredibly boring.

I'm guessing I was doing it wrong.

Can any of you give me a few pointers on how to get started correctly?
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #293
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,467
Casino cash: $5341243
2.93 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytebyte View Post
I have this game, but uninstalled it a while back after only playing if for an hour since it was incredibly boring.

I'm guessing I was doing it wrong.

Can any of you give me a few pointers on how to get started correctly?
Follow the "tutorial" in the beginning until you talk to the blind gek, Polo, he'll give you more missions to do. When you don't have a "main" quest line running, go talk to all of the people at the space stations and fulfill their requests to learn words from them, and then ask them for points of interest and scope those out. That should start you out pretty good.

Talk to everyone - scan everything you can - but try to get the upgrade to your scanner before going too ham, you'll get a ton more credits; like @tinfoilhat said. I've got 2 upgrades on my scanner and I get like 80k-200k credits for finding new Wildlife. Usually 25-75k for Flora.
nytebyte likes this.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #294
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 158,693
Casino cash: $76427000
36.24 per day
Default

So last night I had the option of continuing the story or free play....I chose free play and now I have no objectives or story things to do. How do I get those back?
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #295
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 158,693
Casino cash: $76427000
36.24 per day
Default

https://www.polygon.com/no-mans-sky-...-farming-quick
nytebyte likes this.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:32 PM   #296
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
So last night I had the option of continuing the story or free play....I chose free play and now I have no objectives or story things to do. How do I get those back?
Go to space, go to galaxy map and select which path you want at the top.

Or go to missions in the start menu and select the story you want and it will guide you accordingly.
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #297
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 158,693
Casino cash: $76427000
36.24 per day
Default

I have no story missions. That's my point.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #298
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
I have no story missions. That's my point.
The anomaly. There should be something in there. Otherwise eventually I think it pops up again asking what you want to do.

Let me see if there is a way to force it
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #299
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
I have no story missions. That's my point.
From what I've been reading, keep playing and it will pop up again
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #300
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 35,610
Casino cash: $165428501
8.22 per day
Default

Just say yes next time. It doesn't do anything other then give you a path, you can still free play
tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts