Modded Power Wheels

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So I just got my kid this thing. Anyone ever get into modding these? Think I am going to start by going to rubber tires or putting bands on the stockers, then maybe wait till he is a little older to make it faster. My son is 4 and Im kinda worried he will run over the dog or other kids if I make it too fast. lol Anyone have any experience?

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Power Wheels Arctic Cat Ride-On: Toys & Games
815TcKqXrmL._SL1500_.jpg

81iJUPAjTeL._SL1500_.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
We are having a Monster Machines bday party for him at the end of the month where all the kids bring their electric ride-ons. That is going to be happening all day, Ill have the camera ready. Then we are going to have them race around the block. Finally these little shit factories are getting fun. lol

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Yes be very careful with rubber on these tires. I have modded a few of these for my son and they are hilarious when fast. As in real life as soon as you mod them shit breaks. Mounted rubber destroyed a set of gears on an old bigfoot I had. Had another ones wires burn up from the extra volts. It's a good idea to put thicker wiring and a fan blowing on the motor if you are going to mod it. I would also stay away from the rubber. I just let him drift the thing around. Plus depending on the machine they like to wheelie with rubber which can get dangerous for a kid.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
184123_270644536283312_3969710_n.jpg

This was my 1985 Bigfoot that I got running for my son. Was mine when I was a kid. Was so happy to get it moving and then I put 18v to it and ripped apart the gears that they no longer make. :picard:

THIS IS WHY 3D PRINTING IS AWESOME. Find some good gears. Get some measurements and print them at a library. :fy:

Could you replace with newer gears? That things awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info