Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ebay, Walmart, Sears, who knows who else....all jumping on the bandwagon.

I think its pretty retarded but companies can choose what they sell and dont sell...The only good thing to come out of all this is the fucktard teenagers in trucks who have this crap plastered all over their shitboxes no longer have easy access to said items.

Amazon is removing Confederate flag merchandise after a fatal church shooting last week sparked a heated debate over the nature and meaning of the symbol, a company spokesperson confirmed to TIME.

The move comes after several other major companies made similar moves, including brick-and-mortar Amazon rival Walmart and online auction site eBay. Those companies’ decisions increased pressure on Amazon to take similar measures. Pressure also came from several Twitter users who pointed out that Confederate flag gear was beginning to appear on an Amazon page that lists items suddenly selling better than usual over the last 24 hours.

http://time.com/3932645/amazon-conf...emailed+(TIME:+Most+Emailed+Story+of+the+Day)

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Rebel Confederate Flag 3 x 5 ft New Banner with Brass Grommets | eBay

in my head... something else is going to come of this, this is probably going to provide a sales-boom for these products :rofl:

sales are up 3000%+ on Amazon :rofl:

confederateflags.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazons-sales-of-confederate-flags-are-booming-2015-6

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
We all wake up and go to work to support the freeloaders who are responsible for this and many other ridiculous changes past, present and future.
They are destroying America in front of our very eyes and we all sit back and take it.
I am really ashamed to be alive amongst a world full of scum.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The way I look at the situation is the majority of people I see flying the Confederate Flag are morons who do not fly it for the appropriate reasons.

More specifically looking at business decisions to carry select product or serve specific customers does not matter to me. I will say if you support restaurants that choose the right to turn away gay people, then you should be perfectly fine with companies pulling Confederate Flag product off the shelf.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Its a shame that American companies (Amazon is out of Seattle, Walmart is out of ARKANSAS of all places complaining about the confederate flag :picard: in which Arkansas actually celebrates "confederate flag day" As Governor, Bill Clinton Kept 'Confederate' Star On The Arkansas Flag) so willingly give up the freedom of speech and right of their customers to purchase whatever they so choose for intentional reasons or otherwise...

Anyways... the path to pussification is paved by bending to the desires of few for the greater loss of our very history as Americans. Pathetic if you ask me.

Wiki snippet on the confederate flag:

The Confederate flag is a controversial symbol for many Americans today. A 2011 Pew Research poll revealed that 30% of Americans have a "negative reaction" when "they see the Confederate flag displayed."[35] According to the same poll, 9% of Americans have a positive reaction. A majority (58%) have no reaction. In a 2013 YouGov poll, a plurality (38%) of those polled disapproved of displaying the flag in public places.[36] In the same poll, a plurality (44%) of those asked viewed the flag as a symbol of racism, with 24% viewing it as exclusively racist and 20% viewing it as both racist and symbolic of pride in the region.[36]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info