hey tech geeks, upgrading phone...recommendations?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
We're both ready for phone upgrades. We currently have iPhones and are wondering if continuing with that cult is the best choice - Neither of us have Macs, i hate iTunes, and fuck the cloud - how does that shit even work?! Anyway...what are your recommendations? Please & thank you!

long battery life would be a PLUS.

garage door guy

Forum Sponsor
Sep 23, 2014
I bought a note 3. I rooted it with a custom s6 rom it runs great its not much different that the note 4 battery last me all day even with all the data I use. "About 11 g a month" I refuse to do a contract . My wife is using a old note 2 which I also flashed a custom note 4 rom then I over clocked it. You almost cant tell its a old out dated model plus it didn't cost me $800 for a real note 4

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I had the note 3, LOVED it. Switched back to apple because I don't know why. But Im in an iPhone 6 plus now and its the next best thing to the note. Same size, great battery and camera. Without the stylus and all the neat note gadgets. But I don't miss them. But if I had a note still, I would love it. They are awesome. But you need to watch the big tips and tricks video put up on youtube to see all the features. Its like 30 minutes long or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-kaOjfAZyQ

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have the note 4 on AT&T. Love the phone. Originally had an otter box defender knock off case and went with a water/dustproof metal case. The phone is great. Battery....depends. I take the phone off the charger around 5am. Around 7am I put on the Amazon Music app and listen to music all day (over network and not downloaded), and will have some Internet browsing here and there and some messaging as well. By 4 or 5pm, the phone is around 40-50%. Sometimes as low as mid 30's.

I wouldn't trade this phone for anything.....at least not right now.

whatever iPhone you get fo' free. its like the ford mustang of phones. shit just works and everyone swings off of it. If you don't give a fuck about jailbreaking the thing and need to use it for the basics I just don't think you can beat an apple product.

Yup. Everyone always talks shit, but I just need a phone that works. I've had an iPhone 5S for almost two years now with no problems. My girlfriend switched to a HTC One and hates it. Going back to the Apple mob next time.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Note 4 is the best android phone ive ever had for sure. Insane battery, awesome screen that i can see in the bright ass sun , amazing camera and the pen seals the deal for me, very responsive and very useful.

The only bad side is that it is not submergible like some other phones, so its ok to use in light drizzle rain but you sadly, cant go swimming with it. Another negative I've found is if I use the note as a flashlight, the size is kinda inconvenient in certain situations lol. So i started carrying an actual tiny flashlight with me on my keychain and it works much better :rofl:

I think the best part is I can use it heavily and never have to worry about the battery. 6-7hrs of screen on time is the normal for me. Also for 20/30$ you can add wireless charging to it and with fast charging I can get 50% battery in a 30 min charge which is insane considering the battery is pretty big.

Overall I went in expecting to hate the size but it grows on you pretty quickly and I highly recommend it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info