DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sara Lance, White Canary, is back from the Arrow dead.

The Atom moves to a new series.

Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Heatwave, Capt. Cold, Reverse Flash, time traveler Rip Hunter, etc.

For the 2015 fall season, CW brings in a bunch of the DC "legends" and crams them all together in one time traveling, superhero show.

Last edited:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think I'm getting comic book'ed out with all these shows and spin-offs....

Many of these characters were good in their side roles in the series they were in, I don't know if any of them are deserving of their own series..... Then to top it off they'll likely do even more crossovers so you'll have to watch this to see what's going on with the Flash and Arrow...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Oh fuck, is that Brandon Routh? Aside from Scott Pilgrim, that dude cant act for shit :rofl:

Yeah, they had him start as The Atom in Arrow... Not a fan of his acting in the least, and I have a feeling that now they'll have crossovers and force me to watch this show....

I don't mind the Flash/Arrow crossovers since I watch both anyway, but it's just getting to be too much.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Watching the pilot now. See part 1 here: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dcs-legen...-1/?play=61ca93c4-b351-436a-9e51-a823dd91c934

Starts out Bill and Ted then goes through a brief Doctor Who sequence. The premise is awesome for a time travel sci fi fan like me. I hope the show delivers.

EDIT: So far this show is hilarious. Rollicking comic book action. I laughed a couple times already. White Canary and Hawkgirl are hot. The 70s bar scene was great.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I checked out Wikipedia and found Jewel Staite is going to be on the show. For Firefly fans, it's worth watching just to see her.

From Wikipedia:

Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gave the series a 58% approval rating, with an average rating of 6.2/10 based on 31 reviews. The website's consensus reads: "Fancy effects, comic-book nostalgia, and an alluring cast help keep it afloat, DC's Legends of Tomorrow suffers from an overloaded cast of characters that contribute to a distractingly crowded canvas."[65] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 59 out of 100 based on reviews from 18 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[66]

Russ Burlingame from ComicBook.com praised the pilot saying, "The series delivers a sharp, enjoyable pilot that's arguably the most attention-grabbing and entertaining from any of the current crop of superhero shows.... With so many movies and shows on the air, it would be easy for it all to become a kind of white noise... but DC's Legends of Tomorrow promises to give the year a suitably impressive kickoff, and fulfills the promise of being the most ambitious DC adaptation yet."[67] Jesse Schedeen of IGN gave the first part of the pilot episode a 7.7/10, praising the show's "epic scope", "fun character dynamics" and Arthur Darvill's performance;[68] and gave the second part of the pilot episode a 8.4/10 saying that "Legends of Tomorrow improved in its sophomore episode thanks to great character dynamics and superhero action" and praised the fun team ups and the "Terrific superhero spectacle".[69]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Renewed for Season 2 along with renewals for Arrow, Flash, iZombie and Jane the Virgin (threw in JTV because it's one of Amy's favorite shows).

I gotta add that the plot for this week's episode concerning meteorites and metamorphosis was weak. 1958 set props and clothes were interesting but the plot didn't stand up as anything special. To me, they tossed a hodgepodge of events together without developing any of them. If you're going to show lesbian sex, it has to go beyond mild kissing. Disappointing.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Really? Legends killed off my favorite character? NOOOO!

Of course, being the comic book world and a time travel show, he will be back at times.

Legends is planning on bringing in two new "legends" for Season 2. I hope they are at least as interesting as the one(s) they lost.

R.I.P. Leonard Snart, Captain Cold. You were the most interesting character on the show.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
This week's episode was set in Civil War America with slave beatings and degradation. Heroic black legends burn the white slaver's home down.

Great message there. Does everything have to be about race now? Is Hollywood pushing for race riots? Sure seems that way. Peace and love, people, not race baiting. The '70s hippie in me is ashamed at the way today's protesters do things. We wanted to bring people together, for real. They say they do but preach hate as much as love.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This week's episode was set in Civil War America with slave beatings and degradation. Heroic black legends burn the white slaver's home down.

Great message there. Does everything have to be about race now? Is Hollywood pushing for race riots? Sure seems that way. Peace and love, people, not race baiting. The '70s hippie in me is ashamed at the way today's protesters do things. We wanted to bring people together, for real. They say they do but preach hate as much as love.

That was last weeks episode, S2E04 Abominations.

This weeks episode was S2E05 - Compromised and takes place in 1987.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info