Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So for a few months now, Ive been quietly working with a dev to bring this new style / theme to you guys. And with all the recent hate for tapa, it seems like now is the perfect time to announce it.

The purpose of this is to a simple, fast and streamlined way to browse from your phone (for those who use phone browsers).

All the core functionality is there - smilie use, full editor, new posts, pm inbox, likes system, search, etc.

You'll also notice that I've altered the image resize system to further shrink pics on first load. This is to help with mobile browsing.

There are, however, some current limitations. They are as follows -

• Aside from your inbox, there is no way to check other notifications (likes, mentions, quotes).
  • In the advanced editor, the smilies do not show (this is to keep the page width in line w/ the rest of the template - smilies work, just gotta remember the code for them)

The good thing, is that at the bottom of the site is a big ol "desktop view" button that lets you quickly jump back to the default theme so you can check notifications should you want to.

This mobile upgrade is fast and formats great on all phones. Some other features might be added down the line, but for now, this is really meant to be the fastest way to browse the site while out on the town.

You'll also notice that thread layouts are revamped as well, which is really awesome.

To change to the new theme (while on your phone), bottom left of the site, choose mobile.

I welcome any feedback as we're still in the "testing" phase and there may be a few bugs here and there.

17083105917_ae099cecd5_c.jpg
17290054431_2e47e4b206_c.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Designed for portrait and landscape or just landscape?

fits much better on landscape

Portrait works perfect for me :dunno: Any theme is going to work better on landscape tho, you're gonna have more width real estate.

Are you on ios?

But you bring up a good point, viewing using landscape it going to give you a better "experience" for pure browsing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Looks good and much cleaner. Posts with pictures have a little bit clipped off of the right of the screen but otherwise looks great. Oh live chat works too

Ya. Pics I cant do much about. I tried having the resizer shrink them even more to help but then you start fucking with desktop functionality. So I kind of had to reach a middle ground.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info