Scareface remake!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
No just no just no and how about no! And BTW, never knew the one with Pacino was a remake.

Perhaps the bloodiest rags-to-riches story in cinema history, the saga of Scarface has twice been shown on the silver screen, first with Paul Muni in the role of the criminally savvy immigrant shooting his way to the American Dream, then 50 years later with Al Pacino portraying Tony Montana in the classic Brian De Palma-directed, Oliver Stone-penned version. Now, Universal has announced plans to bring the Scarface story to modern times with a new film penned by Straight Outta Compton screenwriter Jonathan Herman, The Hollywood Reporter writes.

Director Pablo Larraín, fresh off winning the Berlin International Film Festival's Jury Grand Prix for his film The Club, will helm the remake, which will transplant the story to the present-day criminal underworld of Los Angeles (the 1932 and 1983 versions took place in Chicago and Miami, respectively). The project had long been in the works at Universal – Training Day and End of Watch writer David Ayer reportedly submitted a script at one point – but Herman's participation jumpstarted the remake.

The movie has inspired a parade of similar anti-heroes in movies and television, including The Sopranos' Tony Soprano and Boardwalk Empire's Nucky Thompson. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan often compared Walter White to the gangster made famous by Pacino. "I like to picture viewers losing sympathy for Walt. With every episode, yet another viewer or two is saying, 'You know, I'm not with this guy anymore. I'm watching him, but I'm not sympathizing,'" Gilligan said. "This is a guy moving along a continuum toward ultimately becoming Scarface."

Read more: Modern-Day 'Scarface' Remake Gets Green Light | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Cant be any more terrible than the one with Pacino.

adHwsqd_zps38f2a082.gif

adHwsqd_zps38f2a082.gif

adHwsqd_zps38f2a082.gif

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
and what u can't come up with why its bad?:dunno:

Terrible acting, with pacino included. Terrible affects. Terrible plot. Wasnt even filmed in Miami (infact, the city of Miami banned them from filming there). The movie BOMBED in theaters and wasnt even remotely successful till the late 80's/early 90's when it came out on vhs.

Hell, watch the behind the story about it on A&E and they will tell you every reason why its a terrible fucking movie.

The only good thing that came out of that movie were a couple of one liners that were just too comedic not to like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info