We're making an offer on a house today.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
1500sq/ft fix'r'upper in the south burbs... With a 1000sq/ft garage. Benefits of being in a trades family and being a jack of all trades yourself? Looking at diamond in the rough dumps no one else will give a second glance. :noes:

Teaser shots with more to come pending how things go. Wish us luck folks!

Oh, and it has it's own service already. :noes::noes::noes:

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Wish you luck. That'll be a nice garage when you start working on it. I'm jealous.

Finish the walls, run some more outlets and lighting, put in some benches and run some hardlines for the compressor and finish it with a wood burner and I'll be in heaven until I can afford the lift. Which will comfortably fit with how much overhead space this bitch has! Trouble will just be deciding WHICH bay to put it in.

:fy:

and your going to ruin it with a toyota....

brilliant

Clearly I don't learn well from your mistakes. :rofl: Will be unbelievably nice to be able to pull an engine without opening the door for sure.

Thanks guys. Crossing our fingers and sitting on the edges of our seats!

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have a house getting built but my garage won't be nearly that much spacious. It'll be a 2 car garage and I'm hoping at least 10' ceilings. I have to check it out and look at the plans. Im putting additional outlets all around the garage. One side on one dedicated circuit, the other side on another dedicated circuit. Then a 220 50amp. I do have plans for a lift, and I'm leaning in my left bay or center of the garage. Work bench will be on the right side with a tv wall mounted over it. I might have a smaller garage, but will make it work for what I want.

That's why I'm jealous of yours. I'll have around 400sqft of garage space. Will have to look into the ceiling of the garage and maybe I can utilize that somehow as well.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
That's why I'm jealous of yours. I'll have around 400sqft of garage space. Will have to look into the ceiling of the garage and maybe I can utilize that somehow as well.

What roof pitch did you go with? Plenty of ways to utilize otherwise wasted space like that. My buddy actually ran 240v up to his and put his Compressor up there which I found to be pretty nifty.

I'm jealous. I want to buy some land out south off of 57 or 80 where it's still cheap and put up a nice-sized shop. ~2500-3000 square foot shop area, with a 600ish square foot finished/plumbed loft. I'd totally live in that bitch.

Yep. If I could get away with leaving crook county, that was more or less my hope. This will be more than sufficient for me and right by the family still to boot.

Staying on the south side?

Yess'r! Oak Lawn/Burbank border to be exact.

OFFER MADE. Going to sign some papers in two hours. :noes::noes::noes::noes:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
What roof pitch did you go with? Plenty of ways to utilize otherwise wasted space like that. My buddy actually ran 240v up to his and put his Compressor up there which I found to be pretty nifty.

Yep. If I could get away with leaving crook county, that was more or less my hope. This will be more than sufficient for me and right by the family still to boot.

Yess'r! Oak Lawn/Burbank border to be exact.

OFFER MADE. Going to sign some papers in two hours. :noes::noes::noes::noes:

that's where my in-laws live

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Mmmmm, I'm in palos. Inaugural burnouts on your street?!

Dude next door has a trailer covered in NHRA stickers. I think we could get away with it without too much attention from the heat. :rofl:

Garage is bigger than my 1st floor which is the only living space now. :fu:

I'm going from a 200sq/ft attic apartment to this. I don't even know what to do with myself. Hahahaha.

Thanks guys! Hour worth of paperwork, and now we wait...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info