Elgin
Real Name
Mike
T5gFZ4n.jpg

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I have this one for work and it is great. I've had it for over 3 years and absolutely no real signs of wear. I'd recommend anything from this company and see tons of people at work with the same brand.

Swiss Gear Synergy GA-7305-14 Wenger Business Gear Backpack

I had one of those and it was a decent bag but after 2 years as a full time student it had seen better days but I have to say my BOB or bugout bag has done the best. it survived numerous trips while in the Army and weekend trips. Here it is 10 years later and it has out lasted any other backpack I have had. It is starting to show its age but I put that thing through constant use for 8 of the 10 years.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I had one of these guys. Honestly WAY too many pockets and spaces. That Jansport that [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] posted would probably be better. I turned this bag into a fishing backpack, as it ended up being perfectly sized from my organizer trays.

12338_sku_image.png

I use this now, White Incase Messenger bag. Holds my 15" laptop and all my accessories just fine, but not much more than that.

4347_1_F.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I have this one for work and it is great. I've had it for over 3 years and absolutely no real signs of wear. I'd recommend anything from this company and see tons of people at work with the same brand.

Swiss Gear Synergy GA-7305-14 Wenger Business Gear Backpack

Just noticed you have the same bag. I've had two zippers break on this bag, and a few areas starting to rip, and I've used it very sparingly over the 2 years I've had it. Personally I wouldn't recommend.

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
Talon 11 - Osprey Packs, Inc :2015: Official Site
- I use this for running, mostly home from work. Can fit a change of clothes and shoes along with a water bottle and misc items. Awesome for comfort and stays in place really well. I've worn this for multi hour runs with no problems.

Kelty Redstart 28 | Best Lightweight Daypack 28 Liter
- My everyday bag for carrying laptop and whatever else I need to and from work

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtK9qdXCMAAr6QM.jpg
- Also got a new balance xc backpack for everyday carrying but haven't used it yet as my kelty does everything I need

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Swiss gear make some awesome durable back backs. I see a lot of other IT guys using them. I have a Quicksilver backpack and its been great for me the past few years. I carry my 14" laptop, ipad, cables, tools and travel with it a lot for work. Nice flat secure slot for my laptop and very comfortable.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I use mine everyday, travel with it, and it has worked out great. <shrug>

My one big complaint is that all of the big areas of the bag are connected through the bottom. So if you drop something small, like a pen or something, down into the laptop area it can roll all the way to the front of the bag, and have a hell of a time finding it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I use this daily for work and i am extremely impressed on the build quality considering what i put it through and how much shit i carry. I have around 20-40lbs of gear in the bag depending on the day and nothing has ripped or started to give/stretch.( its been 2 years btw)

It can fit a ton of shit too, i have a 17" laptop, 3-20ft cat6 cables, 4 zipper bags filled with tools and testing equipment, a drill with drill bits and still have room to spare.

0003538.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info