Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
http://io9.com/spoiler-free-review-marvel-s-new-daredevil-series-is-b-1695319269

Come onnnnnnnnn April 10th.

We’ve seen the first five episodes of Daredevil, out of 13 total, and I can already tell that there will be a lot of people staying up really really late on Friday night, after it appears on Netflix. The series thus far definitely has the feeling of being a roughly 12-hour movie, with each episode sort of standing on its own but also building up a dark, intense ongoing story.

The Daredevil series, at least based on the first five installments, is one of the best encapsulations of a lot of superheroic themes that I’ve seen thus far in live-action. It features a deeply flawed hero, whose mission is painfully open-ended and who’s in danger of losing his soul in the fight against people massively more powerful than himself. It’s a must-watch, not just for fans of the comic or of superhero comics, but for anyone who loves great action movies or great heroic narratives.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First 4 episodes down. god damn. this show definitely lives up the hype of being dark and gritty. It takes so many cues from different movies and tv shows, but it doesn't come off as mimicking them. The fight scenes are up close, personal, and brutal. Comparisons to batman cant be avoided just given the nature of who daredevil is and what he does, but it still separates itself from that quite nicely. cant wait to tackle some more episodes tomorrow.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Awesome finale was awesome.

If I have any gripe (and really, its not the shows fault), its the extreme similarities to Batman (especially the newer movies).

Overall, Netflix has a massive hit on their hands and waiting for season 2 is going to be brutal. Networks should take note...this is how TV should be done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info