amazon's customer service is fucking awesome

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i ordered something on thursday last week. I didn't realize that i had the hotel i was staying in entered for my address still as i had something shipped there earlier in the week.

item got shipped to my hotel. i didn't realize it. they didn't tell me. when i got home, i was like where's my shit. it wasn't there.

so i submitted a claim to amazon for something that some sellers may have said was my fault.

10 minutes later:

Hello,

I'm sorry that you didn't receive your item xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I completely understand your disappointment. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

I've checked your order details and found that your order has been lost in transit.

To make things right for you, I've requested a full refund of xxxxxx for the item . This refund will appear in the next 2-3 business days as a credit on the original payment method used for the order.

Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund here:

xxxxxxx

To compensate for this inconvenience, If you still want the item, please place a new order with updated address with One day shipping and let us know and we will issue a shipping refund to you. Please make sure that item is sold or fulfilled by amazon.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
xxxx

amazon is the best. amazon is the fastest.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Amazon is totally hit and miss. It's generally overseas employees answering emails and they are dumb as a bag of rocks so they generally can't grasp a situation as complex as you having accidentally shipped an item to a wrong address so they just do this. That's why he's profusely apologizing. He has no concept of the actual problem but knows that simply re-shipping it will likely fix it.

For a buyer this is amazing. For sellers... Well, one day I'll tell you guys all about selling on Amazon. Hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in sales and I have no account rep, nobody I can call that's based in the US, email support that takes days to hear back from and when I do it's just someone from another country that has a tenuous grasp of the English language, let alone complex selling issues and often times when the agents do stuff like this with a third party seller the third party seller ends up taking the hit through no fault of their own.

They are the worst. I mean comically bad. So bad that I think most people that buy from Amazon wouldn't believe that the company that treats their sellers this way is the same company that treats them so good.

But hey, yay for the problem getting fixed!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
[MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] My company deals with Amazon and Ebay. Both are very frustrating to deal with. We had a rep for Ebay for a while. He was "promoted" and we never got another rep. But we have lost way more money on Ebay. Because Ebay& Paypal always sides with the customer. "Oh the customer purchased a $700 radio and returned a used one? Well we took the money out of your account and refunded the customer." The customer had lots of feedback where sellers said he was a scam artist. Doesn't matter.

"The customer says parts were never received. What is that you say, you have a signed bill of lading with the customers signature? Well we took the money out of your account and refunded the customer."

Claim non receipt or that the part was not as described and you get bent over.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I almost got screwed out of $1500 just a couple of weeks ago from eBay because a buyer (0 feedback) clicked buy it now but never paid. I emailed him several times and only received the first response from my first email to him and that's it. He clicked the button to buy a curb machine for $35k. I haven't received payment in a couple days so I emailed him. He said he wanted it for $25k. I told him no. I clicked to cancel and never heard from him nor has he confirmed it.

I contacted ebay and they told me they'll still take their fees out and afterwards I can request a credit. I then cancelled all my payment information on paypal. Finally, after threatening the guy with legal action and all fees associated with him failing to buy the product, he finally clicked the cancel button last minute.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Flip side to my comments earlier, ordered a last minute gift on Amazon tonight, 1 day shipping was $6 and said it'll be delivered tomorrow. I don't even know how that's possible.

Could be early day shipping. They'd put a high priority to you, send it first thing in the morning and deliver it on time. Not sure if it mentioned a delivery by a certain time of day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info