Vape/Ecig Users?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
The old man is trying to quit smoking again. He scooped up a "starter kit" from the vape store that opened next to the bar we frequent. Its a Kanger EVOD Kit with the two batteries and two tanks. I don't really know a whole lot about this and neither does he. Anyone have experience with these? Was this kit a decent purchase? Any "juice" recommendations, specifically tobacco falvored ones that are close to actual smoking. He was a 2 pack a day, marlboro light smoker for as long as I've been alive.

snakebyte

Addict
Oct 30, 2011
ATX
The kangers are good starters and seems thats where everyone starts. I can go home and get you some info on good tobacco flavored liquids Ive used. If he smokes 2 packs a day I would say he should start upwards of 18MG and work his way down from there. Also never buy tanks and kits in stores, the mark up can be 300% over what you can get them for online.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
The kangers are good starters and seems thats where everyone starts. I can go home and get you some info on good tobacco flavored liquids Ive used. If he smokes 2 packs a day I would say he should start upwards of 18MG and work his way down from there. Also never buy tanks and kits in stores, the mark up can be 300% over what you can get them for online.

He said he paid $60 for the kanger kit and a bottle of juice (18mg of nic), which it looks like they're about the same shipped from online vendors.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Honestly you're not going to find anything that accurately replicates cigarette flavor, and why would you want to? They taste shitty. He just needs to find a flavor he likes. I am a big fan of the evod starter kit and have gifted a few.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Honestly you're not going to find anything that accurately replicates cigarette flavor, and why would you want to? They taste shitty. He just needs to find a flavor he likes. I am a big fan of the evod starter kit and have gifted a few.

That's what I was telling him but he said he wants to start out as close to smoking a real cigarette as possible (i.e. flavor, throat hit, etc)

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Madvapes.com and Mt Baker are 2 sites I use when buying liquids and e-cig parts.

Try cherry tobacco from madvapes. It is the closest cig tasting liquid I found. However it reminds me of pipe tobacco more than a real cig.

My goto flavor is banana berry blast.

As for good e-cig parts I recommend a good adjustable battery and a bottom coil tank, these items can drastically change the flavor and experience and make it much more enjoyable.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
There's a ton of info out there on this stuff. Everyone usually starts with the prebuilt stuff like Kanger products or Aspire products. They are pretty good, and relatively cheap.

Something to look at that is a bit better than the EVOD (once he gets to the point of wanting something new) is something like the Innokin MVP. It's a bit bigger (more of a box than a pen style), but it has a larger battery, it is micro USB chargable (you can vape while you charge it), and it's power adjustable, so you can adjust the power output to the coil(s).
mvp20w_four_colors.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0SdMR157gx.jpg

Also, you may want to look into a tank/clearomizer that has adjustable airflow, so you can make the draw tighter or looser depending on your preference. I used to use the Kanger aerotank, I would recommend it to a beginner.
KRAET-Kv2-2.jpg

Most people move into rebuild-able atomizers/tanks at some point, and they are a bit more labour intensive to set-up, but the flavour, and throat hit are much better with rebuild-ables. They are also healthier in my opinion (pre-made coils use silica wick usually, which has mixed reviews, while most rebuild-ables use organic cotton as a wick which supposedly doesn't have any health risks) If he ever gets to that point I can give you my recommendations but they can be more expensive depending on what you want.

Rebuildable atomizers and higher powered mods are a totally different ballgame:
1cdae40c8f6dbb8d84aa995e67af2df9.jpg

As far as juice, you may want to check out some vape shops in your area, they usually have "juice bars" where you can taste test all of the flavours, and the people there may have specific suggestions for you as well :bigthumb:

10389618_338173203005102_6635328419887998592_n.jpg

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
I ordered him two bottles from Virgin Vapors (because all VG vs PG/VG mix, something about PG doesnt settle well with me)

Just be careful, VG is thicker than PG. high concentration VG juices may not feed as well in clearomizers like the kanger tanks.

VG is a thicker juice and creates more/denser/thicker vapor, PG is thinner and creates less/thinner vapor, but PG holds flavor better than VG. I usually like to go with 70%VG or more, but I don't use the kanger products anymore so I can't comment from personal expirence on them working with 100%VG, I just can tell you what I have heard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info