adopted a friend

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
i actually adopted this little guy in the beginning of november. hes 4 and his name is jack. he was at the shelter for 4 months before i got him. ive been looking for a cat for a while. i just dont know how to choose. i can sit in the shelter for hours and couldnt choose just one.

i had my gf go one day and see which ones she liked. she picked him. when i went in the next day they warned me hes scared of men. well when they opened the door and let him in he immediately jumped in my lap and ended up falling asleep. so ya. i couldnt say no. the reason the previous owner put him up for adoption was "scared of husband" i figured he wasnt too friendly with him. the people also declawed all 4 instead of just the fronts...

when i looked at the lady at the shelter and said ya hes coming home with me. she said well during october we had a deal on black cats for 25 dollars instead of 90 so we can just give you that deal even though its november 5th. i ended up giving them 100 anyways as a donation.

hes only been around me and my gf. and hes like a baby. all he wants to do is lay on us. ive tried to test his boundries and he hasnt even hissed at me. its the weirdest thing ever. hes either trying to get my attention to pet him or if he gets scared he hides. nicest cat ive ever seen. but a little to scared.

now the bad... the little shit has a thing for chewing blinds. idk what it is. ive tried the spray and it seems he likes it. lol. he also doesnt like to shit in the litter box. he pees in it fine. but 1 out of 5 times he poops in it. i have a feeling he did these 2 things before and the owner just beat him. ive tried 2 litter boxes and almost every type of litter on the market with no affect. luckily he has found some spots that he will go in so i just have to scoop it when i get home from work...

idk kinda running out of ideas. any suggestions? not like id return him or anything. its just annoying having to clean it up everyday

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 114
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 116
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 113

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
He is adorable man.

Most likely he poops outside of the box because it is being spiteful. Cats have a tendency to do these things if they are not given sufficient attention.

We bought 2 boxes for our cat as she was pooping outside of the box. That solved the problem to the point where it only happens every once and a while.

The cat may also be used to his previous lifestyle and is still acting out. Give him some time.

It could also very well be the litter you are using. If it is too thick or too light, cats do not like it. I suggest using Tidy Cats in the jugs that is a blue or silver cap. We've tried various and that also eliminated problems as cats need to weed through it to cover the mess. It has something to do with the feel on their paws, and since he is completely de-clawed, that may very well be another factor.

Again, adorable cat. Hang on to him man. He seems precious and it sounds as though he fell in love with you immediately. He finally has a good home. Take care of him and give him a chance.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
another question for you guys with long haired animals.... how the fuck do you keep them groomed? i try and brush him everyday but he wants to roll around and rub his head on it. i get scared im going to poke him in the eye or something. i had a collar on him just in case he got out. but he has a little matting happening where the collar was. one small spot on each side. i think in a couple weeks im going to take him somewhere like petsmart and get him groomed.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I'm not sure what spray you're referring to that you tried to use, but a spray bottle with water works great whenever our 2 little shits get into trouble. Our youngest cat did the blinds thing for a week or so, but got past it for whatever reason. Spraying water at her was the only thing we did, so maybe it worked.

Her big thing now is chewing up phone charger cords. I'd be careful of leaving them out like I see in the picture above :rofl: this bitch chews right through them, we are on #2 and #3 for my wife and I's phones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info