What Are You OCD About?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
In the shower this morning, I was thinking that I can't begin to wash myself until my shower curtain liner is sticking to the wall and the bottom of the tub.

Then I go downstairs to make my coffee and I realize when I pull a K-cup out of the drawer, I have to re-arrange the rest into a design of sorts. I can't have one row have more cups in it than another.

And of course, at work, all the money in my safe has to be facing the same way.

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of it right now.

Whatchu got?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
In the shower this morning, I was thinking that I can't begin to wash myself until my shower curtain liner is sticking to the wall and the bottom of the tub.

Fucking this :bowrofl: Every fucking day. Gotta make sure its stuck to the wall before anything can happen.

I'm pretty OCD about double checking and triple checking that my doors are locked (and a step further, that my garage is closed). Literally no reason for it and Ive left my front door unlocked by accident with no issue...but every night, I must walk downstairs at least 2-3 times before finally heading up for the night.

I walk the entire house before leaving for the day to make sure nothing was left out that the cat can eat (more being cautious than OCD but I do it almost every day).

Theres more that I'm forgetting.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Bills need to be faced, sometimes I clean my interior at red lights, underwear are folded and stacked alternating the waist band direction so they lay flat in the drawer, I like the toilet paper under the sink to be stacked symetrically when possible and prefer even numbers or multiples of 5 for TV volume.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
-All the visible soap suds need to be rinsed off of the walls/tub/liner/etc of the shower before I get out
-I keep a small duster on my front passenger seat to dust off whatever I can reach at stoplights
-Bills need to be faced and in order no matter the circumstance. Being in my wallet, waiting to be handed to a server/cashier/etc
-All coins need to be facing the same way and upright before getting inserted into a coin slot
-I double check every inch of the apartment before bed to make sure things are shut/locked, cabinets/toilet seat/shower curtain are closed
-Dishes in the sink need to be cleaned and put away or in the dishwasher before I go to sleep
-Every night when I get home from work I have to sweep, wipe off the kitchen and bathroom counter tops, empty the litter box, dust what I find dusty in the apartment..before I can sit down and relax/eat dinner

That's all I can think of at the moment..

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Money must all face the same direction and folded with smallest bills out. I don't keep cash in my wallet.

Gas pump must end on .5 or 00 no pennies.

Closet must be short sleeve polo type, pull over, or button up all next to each other. Same for long sleeve.
Sweatshirts no hood and hooded must be arranged

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Fucking this :bowrofl: Every fucking day. Gotta make sure its stuck to the wall before anything can happen.

I'm pretty OCD about double checking and triple checking that my doors are locked (and a step further, that my garage is closed). Literally no reason for it and Ive left my front door unlocked by accident with no issue...but every night, I must walk downstairs at least 2-3 times before finally heading up for the night.

I walk the entire house before leaving for the day to make sure nothing was left out that the cat can eat (more being cautious than OCD but I do it almost every day).

Theres more that I'm forgetting.

Bills need to be faced, sometimes I clean my interior at red lights, underwear are folded and stacked alternating the waist band direction so they lay flat in the drawer, I like the toilet paper under the sink to be stacked symetrically when possible and prefer even numbers or multiples of 5 for TV volume.

it's like we're twins....

why is it that the expensive shower liner suction cups don't suction to the shower but the cheap-o liners work just fine ? i learned the hard way this past time when they were out of the cheap liners.

i make sure my socks are "even" in terms of wear. you can't put an older sock with a brand new sock.
i also face my money... larger bills on the inside.

my tool box drawers are neat and organized. i have separate wash buckets for the truck and the car. ( along with separate mitts and drying towels )

like Mook, i also check all of my doors / electronics 10x before leaving the house. i make sure the garage door is closed about 5 times before pulling down the street....

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
All bills in my wallet must face the same way, larger bills in the back

I have a pannel of 3 light switches as I enter my kitchen. They must be correct to what the light actually is. The lights are controlled by more than just that switch so a switch could be up and the light not on. I will check and fix that constantly.

The laces on my boots or running shoes must have equal length on each side before I tie them.

I'm sure there are many others.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I have a pannel of 3 light switches as I enter my kitchen. They must be correct to what the light actually is. The lights are controlled by more than just that switch so a switch could be up and the light not on. I will check and fix that constantly.

Yep, that's me as well. Our kitchen has 2 switches that control the main light, one in a normal spot and the other is underneath a section of the cabinets out of main view. The main switch is normal...down=off up=on, whereas the other switch is fucking opposite. Whenever my wife or daughter use the second switch, I always stop whatever I'm doing to put the main switch back on the right sequence.

I think my brain sees the switch under the cabinets as OK if it's messed up..because I don't see that switch without bending down.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Hand lines (ropes) for work have to be wrapped a certain way. Someone else will do it wrong and I'll unwrap the entire length, make sure it isn't knotted or twisted and wrap it again.

Sheets have to be aligned and smoothed out BEFORE I get into bed. I'm the guy that will wake up in the middle of the night and remake the bed. My wife seems to get off on making them into a giant knotted mess.

Same thing with the shower curtain. Has to be stuck to the bottom of the tub and the wall. I usually just get my hand wet and wipe the wall so it sticks. Makes me REALLY look forward to getting a shower door instead of a curtain.

Knives in the butcher block have to be all facing a certain way and be in a certain order. This is a new one since we just got a really nice knife set and my wife sees no problem in putting the steak knives wherever they fit which will make me get up from the dinner table mid meal to put them in the correct places.

Change is usually organized by size before it goes back into my pocket. Yes I know it's going to get messed up immediately but I do it anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info