adderall

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
College students take ADHD drugs for better grades - CNN.com

old article, plenty of them out there. i am curious how many of you know people that do this? how many are in college and see this?

met a chick going to some school in minny she said she was completely confident at least half her class were popping these. she also talked about how school is so hard and competitive, apparently vs. when and oldy like me went, and how you just need them to be competitive.

is school harder or is this just a generation that has grown up given a pass on everything that can't actually handle something that is a slight challenge? well i'm 99% sure i already know the answer to that one.

i can't even fathom the idea of saying man, this is going to be really hard... better pop some adderall to work on it. i likened it to using steroids and/or cheating and she didn't even seem to ever think of that along the steroids vein.

a buddy says he knows a bunch of professionals that do it too. it seems nothing like this would come without a cost, although even if it had none my mind just does not really get on board with the kind of body hacking performance increase belief that is would be normal to reach for a pill like this.

what do you guys see?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
A guy we recently hired at my work just graduated from U of I and he said it runs rampant down there. Kids are using it mainly as an all night study aid to help them through school. It is prescription speed and I have also heard of its use in the business world a bunch too. I think it is pretty stupid to use it and has been linked to heart issues/decreasing life span.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have an ex that used to take it to study for test back in 04-07 when she was going to DePaul, my sister graduated from bradly pre med last year her freshman year was almost failing out said she couldn't concentrate and got put on it halfway through the year by a doctor down there ended up finishing the year with a 3.7 GPA and carried that all the way though school, my wife was having a hard time paying attention at here new job and felt like she was falling behind just this year at age 29 and the doctor put here on amphetamine salts or something along those lines a stimulant similar to addarall to help her keep her job, honestly I think I want some, there was a stimulant drug aimed at shift workers I saw marketed on TV a few years ago I thought about trying it was similar but I never ended up asking my doctor about it, now with a wife and two kids it sounds more like a good idea lol since there is no time to sleep anymore

StrobinSS

Regular
Jul 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have an ex that used to take it to study for test back in 04-07 when she was going to DePaul, my sister graduated from bradly pre med last year her freshman year was almost failing out said she couldn't concentrate and got put on it halfway through the year by a doctor down there ended up finishing the year with a 3.7 GPA and carried that all the way though school, my wife was having a hard time paying attention at here new job and felt like she was falling behind just this year at age 29 and the doctor put here on amphetamine salts or something along those lines a stimulant similar to addarall to help her keep her job, honestly I think I want some, there was a stimulant drug aimed at shift workers I saw marketed on TV a few years ago I thought about trying it was similar but I never ended up asking my doctor about it, now with a wife and two kids it sounds more like a good idea lol since there is no time to sleep anymore

Amphetamine salts is the generic of adderall. Deal with these college students trying to get it filled early everyday.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
When I was really into working out one of the trainers at my gym (who will forever remain nameless) told me a lot of the guys there did it for concentration and he gave me one for a workout. I took it and it made me feel all sorts of weird, like time was disconnected and slowing down for little chunks. I would concentrate but I would get stuck concentrating and not move on.

So not for me. I'm not a fan of popping anything chronically. People take all sorts of hardcore stuff and think nothing of it. Adderall, Klonopin, etc. Klonopin is an anti-seizure medication and people self-prescribe that all the time not knowing what happens if you suddenly stop taking anti-seizure medication. (hint: you seize)

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was on adderall for a few years. It does work but I didn't like the side effects. I'd feel like shit and then realize I had gone all day without eating but wasn't even hungry. When I stopped taking it I gained 15 pounds in a month or so. The most annoying part was people calling you to buy it.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Never took it or felt the need to take it (mind you it has been 9 years since college). Managed a near perfect GPA through undergrad and grad school while working full-time and managing to party too.

I think for a lot of kids these days (damn I sound old as shit) it's a lack of priorities, wanting everything given to them and "how can I cut corners" versus old fashioned hard work.

On a similar note, I can't imagine what the long-term health effects will be of Monster, Red Bull, etc. in another 10-20 years. I see some of my employees have two 16oz Monsters each night. I drink a 12oz Red Bull and I become a jittery mofo.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
keeps you awake and alert. great for long road trips, long nights of partying after a full day of work, keeping your mind on something if you have problem focusing on 1 project at a time.. ect.. also, say your white girl wasted, you pop one, and BAM your back down to ground zero. not saying your gonna blow lower than you are, but it defiantly sobers you up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info