How much is "sidework" worth?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
In your opinion how much do you think is reasonable to pay for sidework? Lets just say as a percentage compared to an actual business price. I know it can depend on the skills required and the actual task but think relatively.

Id consider sidework anything coming from a individual or group that isnt a legit business. These jobs are usually paid in cash, and tax free.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
^ I would say undercutting around 50% still makes you a decent coin and makes it worth it.

I used to do a lot of work with PCs on the side for about 70% (or a little more/less based on the 'client') less than what Geek Squad charged and felt that was reasonable.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Whatever your time is worth to you, plus some. I don't care what x or y company charges. It's got to be worth while to deal with any unforeseen hang ups.

I've gotten out of doing anything except for close friends, family and the occasional emergency repair or favor. Used to do a lot of car and HVAC work. People start expecting you to show up when something breaks like you're a service company. Not happening. I don't care if it's noon on a Saturday and all I'm doing is watching tv at home. If you need it NOW call a company. I'll get to it when I feel like giving up my time. My 9-5 pays the bills, don't need it.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
i only get calls from my friends when somethings broken

Lies

jamesknows2.png

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
In my professional work and with car maintenance and repairs, I've never charged someone, but done while showing them how to do it. More so teaching them how to change brakes and reduce their property taxes. I do this so that I don't get called the next time and they know how to do it. The property tax work, though, I usually get called back...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info