Groomsmen gift ideas. SOG Flash II a good idea?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
1quicks's beach find thread got me thinking and might have "un" stumped me on what to get the groomsmen for my wedding, I just want opinions on my idea.

Those people that've gotten married or have stood up in a wedding know the deal and probably have a drawer full of cuff links, flasks, personalized beer mugs etc, etc, etc and I want to stay away from the "shit I'll never use drawer" everyone has in their house. My initial thought was to get a multi tool like a Leatherman but those get ridiculously expensive really fast and since myself and the three guys standing up are all in the trades they're picky about their tools. One thing we all generally agree on is EC knives so there's a 99.9% chance that if I like the blade so will my groomsmen........and it's something they'll actually use.

The blade I'm thinking about is a SOG Flash II serrated. I had a Flash before and I loved it until I lost it (not at a beach) and although it's a bit chunky it still sits well in either the front or back pocket. I used the shit out of my old one and even if they choose to not use it as much as I did it's still a good quality knife to have laying in a glovebox just in case the need arises. I'll hunt around for places local to engrave it if I decide to go that route.

So what does everyone think? Good idea? Shit idea? Should I get them something else? If so, what? Regardless it's getting down to crunch time and I need to find something for my 3 brothers from other mothers.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Most likely pick would be the Flash II black half serrated, Flash II is a 3.5" blade whereas the Flash 1 is a 2.5" blade
14a18e8033b7d7d0231b0bea63cbe752.jpg

904e0a70054014844fc1385d43f12235.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Got the "box o sharp stuff" and HO LEE FUCK these blades are fucking nice!!! Good quality, lighter than the Gerber paraframe I usually carry and the clip is awesome. I can't even tell it's in my pocket and it's a 3.5" blade. I got a tanto point for myself and a drop point for my guys (no one else likes tanto's but me).

I finally found a really good everyday pocket knife and I couldn't be happier, my buddies are going to love these things.

65db935d31ef4a3da69ffbb3e298b4e6.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info