what $100 is worth in your state...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
406f4e93a989e5469d8dfd6e8efe4ba4.png

where i saw this... one of the comments was "ha! similar to a presidential election map"

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
for real.

i mean that's ~8% just hopping over the border... right?

quite significant

Whenever I'm up in Hayward I always feel it in the form of groceries and other consumables. Not only because they have a state sales tax of 5% with a max surtax applied by local municipalities of 5.6% but the actual cost of goods is cheaper as well. A gallon of milk at Marketplace Foods in Hayward is usually under $3.00 for a gallon of milk, where it's closer to $3.50 here. I'd imagine the Hayward Wal-Mart is even cheaper, but, I try and shop at the local stores as much as possible (except for late-nite where Wal-Mart is 24hrs.) because Wal-Mart is shutting down many of the small stores I grew up knowing in the area.

As far as I can tell fuel is pretty much the same there as it is in Lake Co. where I'm at, but when I filled up yesterday I paid $3.45/gal. for 87, so, I'm not going to complain too much.

The house is in my Grandmothers name still so I do not personally handle any property tax, etc. Nor have I ever worked there so I'm not exactly sure what the state income tax rate is.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Whenever I'm up in Hayward I always feel it in the form of groceries and other consumables. Not only because they have a state sales tax of 5% with a max surtax applied by local municipalities of 5.6% but the actual cost of goods is cheaper as well. A gallon of milk at Marketplace Foods in Hayward is usually under $3.00 for a gallon of milk, where it's closer to $3.50 here. I'd imagine the Hayward Wal-Mart is even cheaper, but, I try and shop at the local stores as much as possible (except for late-nite where Wal-Mart is 24hrs.) because Wal-Mart is shutting down many of the small stores I grew up knowing in the area.

As far as I can tell fuel is pretty much the same there as it is in Lake Co. where I'm at, but when I filled up yesterday I paid $3.45/gal. for 87, so, I'm not going to complain too much.

The house is in my Grandmothers name still so I do not personally handle any property tax, etc. Nor have I ever worked there so I'm not exactly sure what the state income tax rate is.

I WANT PAMIDA BACK

We always take our laundry to the place thats across from the creamery downtown. the nice old lady always makes sure our stuff is done by time were done shopping. transfer the wet to dry, etc.. such a nice place

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I WANT PAMIDA BACK

We always take our laundry to the place thats across from the creamery downtown. the nice old lady always makes sure our stuff is done by time were done shopping. transfer the wet to dry, etc.. such a nice place

YES to Pamida!

I've got a washer up at my house so I've never checked out that laundromat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info