So Tony Stewart may have killed a guy

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
It was just on espn but they didnt say the 17 year old kid died.

Cliffs from that link
Stewart and Ward got in a wreck. The kid got out of his car and when Stewart came around under caution he gunned it, slid sideways and the back tire hit the kid. People say they called for an air lift then cancelled it. Tony had a go pro on his car and had his rear tire changed after he went to the pits.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It was just on espn but they didnt say the 17 year old kid died.

Cliffs from that link
Stewart and Ward got in a wreck. The kid got out of his car and when Stewart came around under caution he gunned it, slid sideways and the back tire hit the kid. People say they called for an air lift then cancelled it. Tony had a go pro on his car and had his rear tire changed after he went to the pits.

20 years old.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
The only thing I have to say is, maybe if Kevin was a little more educated about safety on the race track and didn't let his temper get to him so much he may still be here. I do not believe Tony intended to hit him. From the video you can clearly see the hothead kid jumping around almost getting hit by the first car.

Say what you want, everyone has a right to their opinion. Some of you people may say I'm an asshole for telling it like it is and that I should burn in hell, but so be it. I tell it how it is and always will. I'm upset of the shit people will be saying bad about Tony from this but I do not believe this was intentional so why should Tony be in prison over it? It's racing, that's why their are safety rules in place to prevent this.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Yeah, after watching that vid, how can anyone say he did it on purpose?

The idiot was running out in the middle of the track, positioning himself to get in front of Tony's car. Tony's coming around a corner and probably didn't see him in time.

When you play in traffic on a race track, you might get run over.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Looking at the vid from the link in the OP (same vid but no text over the video), I see the car sliding a bit as it clipped the other driver. You can also clearly hear the gas being pressed as the car was passing the other driver.

I would assume (my opinion) that Stewart probably meant to "taunt" or "tease/scare" the guy, but the guy was just to close and pretty much got in the way of the tire and got tossed like a rag doll. Sucks none the less.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Sheriff Povero stated the investigation is currently being classified as an On Track Crash investigation. No criminal charges pending at this time.

When complete, the Police will sit down with the District Attorney with the results of the investigation.

That said, let's see what the on car cameras show.

As of now Stewart will be participating today at the NASCAR race.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Why did the guy not stay in his car? It was not on fire. Why if he was so worried did he not hop up that fence. Never before have I see a driver get out and Try to flag another drier for help.

You're going fast it's dark he's in dark clothes. You don't expect him to be there. I can see how Stuart wouldn't expect that

I personally had a person run into my car. Similar to what this guy did. And I was doing 55 on a back road and never saw the guy.

There was no intent by Stuart

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I am sure there will be more videos. But what I see is the first driver just barely missed this guy. Tony is right behind the blue car. He comes into picture less then second later. I would imagine the blue car was obstructing the view and well not to mention this guy was in all black at night on a dirt course. Feel bad for someone to have to loose their life this way. But with that video can't say I see fault.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info