I need help finding a car that hit me and left the scene

ScottyB

Mar 4, 2010
So I was driving on the ramp from i88 onto i294 this afternoon when a blue Prius that was in the lane next to me decided to slam on the brakes and swerve into my lane causing me to slam into the back of his car. I ended up on the shoulder next to the fast lane and he pulled over on the shoulder next to the slow lane, across traffic. I got out to look at my car and he took off. Couldn't get after him fast enough and I lost him. Luckily I wasn't in my mustang and it's only my civic. Below is the pic of the color of this late model Prius. I'm not sure of the year but it will look similar to this picture. It will have heavy damage to his rear bumper towards the drivers side. Any help will be greatly appreciated because it will be an out of pocket expense to me.

My car

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not sure if you'll get much out of this guy. Being that the damage occurred to your front end, it may be hard to prove he did anything without some kind of video evidence. Your insurance is likely to just call it 50/50, or maybe even decide it was your fault.

It sucks, but even when its not your fault, being the one behind someone in an accident usually leads to you being considered at fault if blame is placed.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Should have called the police right there and waited. Get a report saying the Prius took off and you'd have a lot better case of proving you weren't at fault. Now this guy can say you hit him and ran. It's your word vs his now.

I'd take a day or two off, drive that area around the same time and try to find him. Most people take the same way home around the same time everyday. What a pos.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Filed a police report on scene and I have a witness saying it wasn't my fault. He was nice enough to stop and give me his name and number. State police called and verified. Police report says the same, not my fault. But yes, only liability.

Your golden then. The guy had to take a toll, if you have an approximate time I wonder how hard it would be to get ipass video of the Prius going through. Wouldn't be hard to spot with the bumper messed up.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Damn, that sucks man. Glad you got everything documented on scene, especially the witness testimony!

I'll be on the look out here for any dark blue Prius like that.

I like what someone said, travel the same area around the same time and see if you spot him in the next couple of days

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Its this one (G1W-C is the model) Picked one up myself. For the price, you cant beat it. They can be found cheaper on eBay.

Black Box G1W-C Full HD 1080P H.264 Capacitor Model Car DVR Camera Recorder / Dashboard Camera by Spy Tec Amazon.com : Black Box G1W-C Full HD 1080P H.264 Capacitor Model Car DVR Camera Recorder / Dashboard Camera : Car Electronics

How well does the camera perform at night? Price isn't bad at all and I just might pick one up this weekend.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
How well does the camera perform at night? Price isn't bad at all and I just might pick one up this weekend.

Looks good as long as the area is somewhat lit up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i64csbEMN4

Not my video. Just from youtube. Make sure you put it on hd Quality. That one seems to have alot of glare from the windshield. Check youtube for more

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info