Gaming Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Mook is correct. Servers host a game, the game itself is run on your xbox, and the MCC comes complete with all 4 games (2 versions of Halo2). Halo 1, 3 and 4 will run at higher resolution and framerate while Halo 2 will be completely overhauled. You can also play Halo 2 with it's old graphics if you want.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
No, the old Halo 2 game servers are still down. This will be on different servers. Probably based on Halo 4's multiplayer engine.

Well I meant halo 2 multiplayer on xboxone.

Wrong. Each multi-players engine / game play will be in tact. Complete with any glitches.

i'm hoping glitches before all those patches.

Could be fun though. Don't see why they wouldn't update Halo 3 though

Mook is correct. Servers host a game, the game itself is run on your xbox, and the MCC comes complete with all 4 games (2 versions of Halo2). Halo 1, 3 and 4 will run at higher resolution and framerate while Halo 2 will be completely overhauled. You can also play Halo 2 with it's old graphics if you want.

Basically the Halo CE anniversary game. Same exact game just new graphics overlay.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Thats not how Halo: Anniversary worked. Halo Anniversary used the Reach multiplayer engine, it was separate from the Halo Anniversary game engine.

And in this case, neither is correct.

The original Halo 2, you can play it as it was originally released, the only difference is the resolution and frame-rate.

However, if you choose Halo 2: Annivesary its a new engine, so gameplay will be different. Since its using a different engine, players playing halo 2 classic multiplayer will not be playing against those using halo 2 anniversary's engine. Think of the MC collection including two separate versions of Halo 2.

Halo 2 vs. Halo 2: Anniversary | Beyond Entertainment

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
True, but it's $60 for for 4 games I already have. One of which I have technically 2 copies of. Will probably buy anyway for the updated Halo 2 though.

Welcome to 2014, where PS4 is remastering a game that came out last year and so is rockstar. The Last of Us remaster is an absolute joke IMO, it barely looks better, it's one game, and it's $60.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Halo 2's campaign is among my favorite of them all. On par with Halo 4. I would have bought it even if it was just Halo 2: Anniversary, this means i get them ALL for $60 on the newest system so I don't have to drag my original xbox out to set it up, if it even still works. Its been in my closet for a long time.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Not sure why anybody would want to play the original. Good lord this looks awesome.

E3-2014-Halo-2-Anniversary-Comparison-Ascension-jpg-1.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Ah yes, it was fun and hilarious. You need to get back into gaming, you used to be on a lot.

I have a hard time getting into games any more. Unless you play regularly to keep your skills up, you get your ass beat by a bunch of 9-12yr old kids. Just don't have that much desire to sit in front of a tv for the time required. The last two games i bought, i played for less than two hours and never picked up again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info