NYPD kills man that stopped a fight (Video)

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Staten Island DA looking into death of dad of six after NYPD cop put him in chokehold during sidewalk takedown

Link has video.

WOW. Holy Crap

The Staten Island district attorney is investigating the shocking death of a 400-pound asthmatic dad after a city cop placed him in a chokehold.

Eric Garner, 43, died Thursday after a sidewalk takedown by five NYPD officers making an arrest outside a Tompkinsville beauty parlor.

“My office is working along with the NYPD to do a complete and thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Mr. Garner's death,” said District Attorney Daniel M. Donovan Jr. in a Friday statement.

The police Internal Affairs department began its investigation Thursday night, hours after the unarmed man’s death.

The NYPD, in its official statement about the fatal incident, said only that Garner went into cardiac arrest and died at Richmond University Medical Center. No criminal charges were filed Thursday in the death.

But a video captured Garner’s desperate pleas for help as one cop shoved his head into the sidewalk and three others pinned him down — while a fifth cop put him in handcuffs.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” he shouted in vain. By the video’s end, Garner was lying motionless on the sidewalk as cops chased eyewitnesses away.

Garner is the married father of six kids and grandfather to two. His outraged family said cops provided them with no details until they arrived at the hospital to identify the body.

Garner says on the video that he was breaking up a fight before cops arrived, and insisted that he was wrongly accused.

“I did nothing,” he said loudly. “I was sitting here the whole time, minding my business.”

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
article-0-1D45F27B00000578-658_634x591.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Sucks for that dude, but if they're arresting you, you can't resist.

Not saying the arrest was plausible, but he resisted.

This. Why do you resist an arrest like that? Nothing good will come out of it. It's not like you are suddenly going to convince the police officer you are innocent while you are struggling to get free.

Obviously I do not agree with the officers methods at all, and no one should have died as of a result of this situation. I think both sides were in the wrong, and unfortunately a (presumably) innocent man is dead. Let them arrest you, and sort it out later. If you are really pissed and you turn out to be innocent, sue for wrongful arrest.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
More media twisting to get people all up in arms so my FB news feed can be littered with "fuck the police" posts from a bunch of degenerates and stoners. You are 40 years old with 6 kids and married? Big deal, don't act like a fucking douche. Everyone has been a victim of police abusing their authority but if you act with a little respect and restraint you usually walk away with a ticket at worst. People want to resist arrest and perpetuate a problem than blame the cops. Don't be an idiot, you'll live longer.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So I scanned this thread, but Im sure I may have missed it. Didnt this guy just have a heart attack during the encounter? And died from that, not a weak sauce choke hold?? I have read that on other places, and Im sure thats what happened. If thats the case, he would have had a grabber somewhere else in some other stressful situation no?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Unreal, just watched this video for the first time given the circumstances in New York right now. The cop's actions in this video are not justified in any way. :picard:

Not only that but they put a chokehold (against NYPD protocol) and had 2 guys on his back (also against protocol)

I hope they fire the cops. Seriously all this ruckus for selling cigs!?!? NYPD killed someone over some cigs. Unbelievable.

You know what the NYPD needs!?!

This : :greasy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info