puppy that needs adoption

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Fostering a sheperd/lab mix. Was abandoned by its mother. Male. About 8 weeks old. Had worms and fleas but they are gone. Gotten check up shots from the vet also. The puppy is very shy. But once it comes out of its shell, hes all over the place playing. Just needs some tender loving care.

20140704_232129_zpsiabmm5ry.jpg

20140704_231510_zpszwd0yudt.jpg

20140704_230650_zpsm2jwfzhi.jpg

Can get more pics if needed.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
That's fucking crazy! Why adopt a dog for $500 when you don't know nothing about it, when you can get a puppy from a breeder and know everything about it for a few hundred more.

And lets not forget you have to pass the adoption.

I won't even argue why adopting a dog in need is far better Idea then funding a puppy mill. What I can say is this. We adopted/rescued are little guy about 6 months ago. It was not cheap ($400) or so. And he has turned out to be the greatest companion for my family. Just one of the best dogs there is. He is very lucky to be alive. And without people adopting dogs like him and paying those costs you would not have organizations out there rescuing cause they could not afford it. Our dog (Scout) was rescued from Gary, Indiana. Where he was left outside chained up and barely fed. He has half a tail and missing part of his ear as well. He had heart worm and had to go through long costly treatments. Does that make him any less valuable? Anyway this looks like a great pup hopefully someone will adopt him despite the high costs.

photo3_zps4752a165.jpg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
No need to argue.

But didn't you have to pass a field test (more-less) in order to adopt the dog?

Honestly was not that bad. Really all we had to do was fill out an application. And we did a home visit with the foster family. And the home visit was more to see how my current dog (Siberian Husky) Alpha dog would get along with the rescue pup. Maybe it depends on the organization .But in no time did I feel the adoption was in jeopardy. All they really care is that the dog is going to a good home and that they will not end up back on the streets again. I used to belong to Siberian Husky rescue in Arizona. And I did home visits all the time. All we cared is the dog was going to be taking care of and had loving place to stay.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Currently looking to adopt a English bull dog from a rescue, and Ill admit they make it way to difficult. The adoption form to be considered is 8-9 pages long. Plus a home check, plus calling the apt complex managers, plus all the fees involved. And after all that you may not even get the dog if your declined. Kinda rediculous to me.

If there is a shelter problem why make it so that it's set up for people to potential fail if they fill one of the 100 questions out wrong

Last edited:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Got it!

I want to adopt a pit, but I'm a bit un easy about it. I don't know if a certain thing could or would set the dog off. Like if he or she was beaten with a newspaper. And one day I grab a paper and next thing you know the dog goes fucking ape shit on me.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Got it!

I want to adopt a pit, but I'm a bit un easy about it. I don't know if a certain thing could or would set the dog off. Like if he or she was beaten with a newspaper. And one day I grab a paper and next thing you know the dog goes fucking ape shit on me.

If it's trained right (I'd retrain any rescue dog IMO) and knows you're top dog in the house and not him, you'll have no issues regardless of the past.

Dogs are very good at forgiving.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I agree there's a definite need for adoptions and think they're a really good thing, I was really just surprised at some of the adoption fees involved....

I understand they need to keep their doors open to rescue more animals, but between the cost and some of the hassle involved I'm sure there have been a few people who ended up buying from a pet store because of it.

If you're interested in getting a pit (I didn't want one because I wanted a smaller dog and that's ALL I ever see people walking now) there's a TON of them out there. It seems like 90% of the puppies I saw were pit's or pit-mixes... You should have no problem finding a dog.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info