Father's Day Plans?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For the fathers among us, what do you guys have planned or have planned for you?

My kids are all going to be home for Sunday dinner which is unusual. I'm looking forward to grilling ribs and steak for the family. We'll sit outside by the pool and enjoy the food and family. My mom and step dad are coming, too. Shoot. I'd better get my step dad something tomorrow morning. My dad has passed on so I'll have a drink in his honor.

My older daughter has said she is going to buy me in for a poker tournament at the Bonita Springs dog track, maybe next Sunday. She's going to play, too. Should be a lot of fun. I haven't played cards in a while.

To start off the weekend, I noticed my lanai fridge is leaking water. Gasket is obviously worn after three years outside in Florida heat. Can't get a new gasket for this fridge anymore so I cleaned it and lubed it with Vaseline to soften it back up. To make sure it stays sealed, I added a velcro strip. Seals well now. Hope it adds a year or two to the fridge life span. :bigthumb:

I hope everyone enjoys the day!

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'll be spending it with my neighbors and their kids for the day. The wife/kids are 500 miles away back in Chicago and they have been for 1.5 months now. They were visiting family in early May when my 2 year old got sick, was in the hospital, etc. He's now getting treatment, but it's best for him to be there and not here (little town in the mountains) for his treatment. I've seen the family for 3 days since May 1st.

This will probably be my worst one yet, also considering my daughter will be walking any day now and I'll probably miss it... On a brighter note, I'll be there for a few days next weekend.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I'll be spending it with my neighbors and their kids for the day. The wife/kids are 500 miles away back in Chicago and they have been for 1.5 months now. They were visiting family in early May when my 2 year old got sick, was in the hospital, etc. He's now getting treatment, but it's best for him to be there and not here (little town in the mountains) for his treatment. I've seen the family for 3 days since May 1st.

This will probably be my worst one yet, also considering my daughter will be walking any day now and I'll probably miss it... On a brighter note, I'll be there for a few days next weekend.

Wow.Sorry to hear that. I hope for the best for you and your family.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Happy Father's Day Dad's!
u5eme9uz.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Prayers and best wishes for happier times for you. Hug your kids when you can.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads on the site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info