Rise Of The Tomb Raider

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think thats pretty idiotic. If anything it sounds like this will probably a timed exclusive. I can't see this not branching out to other platforms eventually. They whined about the sales on the first tomb raider, so now lets release it only to smallest market out there? :nuts:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Microtransactions for all!

Rise of the Tomb Raider still doesn't have a solid release date on the PC, but what it does (or will) have is microtransactions. Yes, we're delighted too. Creative Director Noah Hughes explained on the Xbox Wire that players will be able to use "Expedition Cards" to gain various modifiers or advantages, and while those cards can be acquired with credits earned in the game, they'll also be sold for real money.

"Expedition Cards offer hundreds of ways to customize your Rise of the Tomb Raider experience. You can also set up challenges for your friends to see if they can beat your scores with the same card setup," Hughes said. "We’ll have about 300 cards available at launch, and more will be added in the weeks that follow."

Cards will come in two types: Foil, which provides the "strongest or strangest" effects and have unlimited uses, and the less powerful Common, which can be used only once. Some of the cards are "humorous," such as one that enables Big Head Mode, while others have a more meaningful impact on gameplay: The "Bullet Resistance" card, for instance, which confers (as you may have already put together) bonus resistance to gunfire.
A Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass will also be offered, with three "major releases," which I take to mean DLC—Endurance Mode, Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and Cold Darkness Awakened—on tap along with "a steady stream of outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards beginning on day one and continuing over four months." The season pass will sell for $30 over the $60 price for the standard release of the game.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I really enjoyed rise, and the reboot, they've been fairly solid action games. I picked up Shadow over black friday for 25 bucks. Don't know when I'll start it. Red dead redemption is still getting all my attention at the moment :rofl:

Dude. I hear you on red dead. Once you get to shadow, I think you will really dig it. It's got a Mayan/tribal feel. I've been handing out arrow headshots like it's free candy. Also, they have a new combo kill system. Blooody good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info