Apple looking to buy Beats Audio for 3.2 billion

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
it's all marketing to the lower income segment, Beats headphones are crap, you can buy a nice nice set of Bose or better for not much more, but that doesn't appeal to the younger generation.

AAPL is just sitting on too much cash in an environment where they earn zero return, gotta put it to use somewhere I guess so this is how bubbles and malinvestment happen.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I personally think beats sound great, if you buy the $400 pair and not the $100/$200 pair. Also, the technology that has gone into laptops and phones has made the audio on those sound amazing compared to what they used to be. Apple could easily improve their products with better sound coming out of their pcs.

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
I personally think beats sound great, if you buy the $400 pair and not the $100/$200 pair. Also, the technology that has gone into laptops and phones has made the audio on those sound amazing compared to what they used to be. Apple could easily improve their products with better sound coming out of their pcs.

I agree, when I started flying for work a lot I got some beats executives and they are amazing. $300 but amazing

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Beats headphones aren't bad by any means but they sure as hell aren't a benchmark of anything.

There are MUCH better buys if you're actually into the sound being produced for less than 300 dollars or the same. Half of what you're paying for in the Beats is the name "Beats." Plus they over inflate the shit out of the lower EQ range at around 100/120 hz. That's why people in their late teen's and early 20's love them. They "thump."

I will say as a company they are killing it though. They've partnered with quite a few large companies on so many different platforms from personal audio, to computers, to car audio. They're going to be the next "bose," but not as expensive haha.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
So a company that specializing in overpriced, underperfoming electronics is looking at acquiring a company that specializes in overpriced, underperforming electronics.

If you want audiophile quality headphones, look at offerings from Grado Labs, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, or Shure.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV

I'm not a huge music guy but at the same time I don't want to spend $400 to get good sounding headphones. :dunno:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'm not a huge music guy but at the same time I don't want to spend $400 to get good sounding headphones. :dunno:

Buy a set of Sennheiser 555s and take the foam grate off the inside of the speaker and you now have a $200 Sennheiser 595 for $100.

As above, I've had my 555s for a decade and they are still hands down the best circum-aural headphones I've ever used. Including $250 Astro gaming headphones.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Buy a set of Sennheiser 555s and take the foam grate off the inside of the speaker and you now have a $200 Sennheiser 595 for $100.

As above, I've had my 555s for a decade and they are still hands down the best circum-aural headphones I've ever used. Including $250 Astro gaming headphones.

Thanks, but I was more commenting on wombats' claim that you had to purchase the $400 beats headphones to get good sounding audio as opposed to their 100/200 sets.

Personally I'm going to stick with my skull candy buds.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
hgxvuaO.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info