Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ive shared my fears on it quite a few times over the past year or so. FB is crushing the little guy (see: us). Its why I started a FB group. It gets minimal activity but its another means of getting the name and community out there.

But FB is definitely taking a TON of traffic away from small, more local forums. Its scary stuff :hs:

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
so is it considered old school to visit a forum as opposed to FB ?
i don't use FB as a means of forum type information

I believe so. it seems all the new generation is sticking with facebook and not getting on forums. and a lot of the normal forum guys are fading away. ive been on tons of forums and this is by far my favorite and luckily the most active

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
I strongly dislike facebook, and do not have one.
Sure it may be nice to keep up with friends you don't see...but when the majority of your "friends" are just attention whores you could care less about with nothing interesting or intelligent to say...it's dead in the water.
If facebook was a forum, there would be a lot of people getting banned on a daily basis.

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Oh man if its BS what you like to post then go to FB, if you are a car enthusiasts the go to car forums, that way you will leave a peace of history on your building threads or you will also leave some very good info that some people will always look for, remember that threads at forums never get deleted and the FB shit it's just BS coming and going. FB is easier to use cuz most of the people use it as a daily basis and forums some people hate to log in and are lazy, I guess.

I do like forums best I will definitely look how TCG FB look like... what's the name of the page?

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
so is it considered old school to visit a forum as opposed to FB ?
i don't use FB as a means of forum type information

I find Facebook groups much harder to navigate...Where a forum diplays 20+ thread titles on one page, Facebook displays the entire post plus some comments...So you have to weed through a ton of shit to find something you actually want to read.

Forums will eventually evolve...Just like the old BBSes from the dial-up days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info