Punta Gorda, Florida

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
LOL! I do have a spare bedroom but I have friends coming down in two weeks who will be using it.

I'm a Realtor down here so, if you seriously want to find a rental or home for sale, let me know. I brag about Florida a lot, I know, but Punta Gorda and the whole area down here really is a beautiful part of the planet.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Pay is less but expenses are less. As Will mentions, you can find quality houses in the $100K-$200K range. I was looking at a North Port 3-2-2 with a pool today that was auctioning for $72K.

If you want to be in the expensive zip codes or on salt water, you will pay more. If you just want to live in paradise and have a short drive to all the good stuff, you can find a place for a very reasonable price (compared to Illinois prices). I'm not on water but I have a boat launch half a mile from my home. I bought at the bottom of the market in '11 and paid less for the house than some of you have paid for your cars.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Any decent houses for 75k range ? 2-3 bedroom 2 car garage good area and decent size? Parents looking for a lil retirement home.

Port Charlotte which is just across the Peace River from Punta Gorda has more affordable homes, many in that range. If they want a condo, it's easy to find them for around $75K. Single Family Homes take a little more work to find for that amount but they do show up occasionally. $125K gives a lot more options.

If they get serious about looking, send me a PM with their (or your) email and the things they are looking for in a home and I'll set up a search to send homes that meet the criteria to the email address. Let me know price range, type of home, bedrooms, bathrooms, pool yes/no, garage, square footage and any other things that are a must for the place and I'll run the search.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
We were just in Orlando last week and absolutely fell in love with everything Florida.

Except the drivers. They're fucking horrible down there. But I'd move to FL in a heartbeat!

Drivers down here suck. You get a combo of very old people and idiots who never learned to drive properly because driver's ed isn't required down here. I treat everyone as a moving traffic cone and drive around them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Here are a few of the beaches in the area. First is world famous Siesta Key Beach which has sand that is as soft as baby powder and so white it reflects the sun and doesn't get hot. Condos near the beach start at $150K and go way up from there depending on how luxurious you want. Siesta Key is around 45 minutes North of me. I manage a condo there for a friend of mine so we go up for weekend getaways if it isn't rented.

If we just want a short trip to the beach, we go to Venice Beach which is half the distance to Siesta Key. It's a good beach that is rarely crowded and is convenient if we don't want to drive far. 45 minutes South of us is Fort Myers beach which is more youth oriented. There's a beach strip with bars, hotels, restaurants and good looking young women in bikinis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eyu7waKGE4

Ft. Myers beach during Spring Break:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6q1LQzWS9A

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I've never been to FL. I'd love to go on vacation there. Is this the best time of year to go ?

In Florida, you have tourist (snowbird) season and the off season. Tourist season is from October through May or June. The summer months get hotter (mid 90s) and the tourists head back North. If you want more people, cooler weather and more stuff happening come during tourist season. If you want peace and quiet and don't mind 90s, come during the summer months.

Today, the weather was perfectly sunny and 81*.

Spring Break is very popular, especially for younger people. As you can see from the Ft. Myers beach vid, things get busy down here during Spring Break.

Golf courses are open year 'round. Disney and Orlando are tourist meccas. Tampa is a world class city. Ft. Myers is growing and coming on strong. You can always find something to do whether it's a full Disney vacation or renting a boat and catching more fish than you need.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Used to go once to Hurricane Harry's iirc the name of the nice food place at the end of fishermans village

Love that area and stayed in siesta key every year growing up

Was just in miami for work last week, fuck that place

We eat at Harpoon Harry's often. They have great breaded grouper. Sitting outside, right on the water, adds to the dining experience. :bigthumb:

harpoon_harrys.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info