I'm looking for a gym

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
depends on what you want out of it.
i wouldnt spend the big $ for a "health club" like lifetime ( i.e. it has basketball courts, swimming pools, sauna etc )

from what i have heard, planet fitness is cheap... it's a "gym"
cardio machines, weight machines and free weights.

is there a fitness 19 near you ?
i started there 8 years ago for 89.95 sign up fee and $19/ mo

this was also just a "gym"
it was sufficient for what I wanted to get done

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
Been at x-sport since like 09. $39 a month that whole time. At the time I sign up they had a 1/2 off sign up fee so I paid $75 + $39/mo, no contract. All of the larger x-sports have b-ball courts, pools, and chick classes (if ur into that).

I just saw a thing at x-sport that is buy 1 year get 1 year free. I have no idea the details but I imagine it will come out to less then the $39 I pay per month. Though since you are looking for no contract, that kind of makes it like one since you buy 2 years off the bat, so maybe not for you. You can also get a 7 day free pass to try the gym out.

The huge downside to x-sport, and I imagine this is a problem at most places, is how insanely crowded it can get at peak hours. Right after work at 5:30 is just awful to try to do a real workout on some days. Mondays are the worst, I just do whatever I can on Mondays. Weekends are good though.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Been at x-sport since like 09. $39 a month that whole time. At the time I sign up they had a 1/2 off sign up fee so I paid $75 + $39/mo, no contract. All of the larger x-sports have b-ball courts, pools, and chick classes (if ur into that).

I just saw a thing at x-sport that is buy 1 year get 1 year free. I have no idea the details but I imagine it will come out to less then the $39 I pay per month. Though since you are looking for no contract, that kind of makes it like one since you buy 2 years off the bat, so maybe not for you. You can also get a 7 day free pass to try the gym out.

The huge downside to x-sport, and I imagine this is a problem at most places, is how insanely crowded it can get at peak hours. Right after work at 5:30 is just awful to try to do a real workout on some days. Mondays are the worst, I just do whatever I can on Mondays. Weekends are good though.

Yea xsport blows during peak hours

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info