is comcast hurting or something? holy deal

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
:rofl:

my GF just got off the phone with Comcast setting it up for my new place.

105Mbps internet (their fastest speed)

TV with HD channels, On demand, he streampix, hbo and hbo go.

2 DVRs.

Install at $59.95 (keep in mind the 105Mbps install is normally $200, non negotiable)

$118/mo for 2 years... 105Mbps internet alone is $114.95/mo

:jg:

:pedobear:
[MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION]

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I am always nervous on promotions. Everything is always in the small print you never read or get to see. 118 dollars now then suddenly it doubles or triples and you are still locked into a contract somehow.

I know Direct TV got me with their "deals" back when I was in college. But maybe this is a legit deal

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You can pretty much always get a rocking deal after the promotion is over. Just call and threaten to cancel or ask to learn about whatever promotions are running in your area. Done.

And new customers usually get pretty kickass deals from Comcast. I did a few years back when i first joined. Same w/ DTV.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
You can pretty much always get a rocking deal after the promotion is over. Just call and threaten to cancel or ask to learn about whatever promotions are running in your area. Done.

And new customers usually get pretty kickass deals from Comcast. I did a few years back when i first joined. Same w/ DTV.

exactly.

my dad has been doing this for years...

he has been out of the "deal" for a LONG time now..

he now has 50/10Mbps internet, and all the HD channels for $67/month. He just keeps complaining

:bowrofl:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I don't know what you are talking about!

I respect a company that's fully staffed by people with mental handicap's and other forms of retardation. I just choose to not do business with them :bowrofl:

enjoy your 18Mbps/1.5Mbps internet and no on demand for more money..

(where I live now has ATT 24/3Mbps and NO HD channels for $140/month.. FUCK THAT)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
enjoy your 18Mbps/1.5Mbps internet and no on demand for more money..

(where I live now has ATT 24/3Mbps and NO HD channels for $140/month.. FUCK THAT)

When it comes time to buy a house, I will likely go back to Comcast since my most recent experience with ATT Uverse internet has been less than stellar customer support wise. Last time I had it, it was vastly better than this time...

Its worth noting the last time I went with Comcast, I provided all my own equipment, got into a screaming match with the installer, and did not get roped into a contract. All are likely reasons why I was treated poorly, and why I opt to pay more money for less speed currently.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You must be a real twat to deal with cause Ive never had a single issue with any type of installer (and Im guessing this goes for most normal people). Do you come off as one of those "I'm in IT so I know it all" type of guy when these folks come to your house? I get the sense that you are :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You must be a real twat to deal with cause Ive never had a single issue with any type of installer. Do you come off as one of those "I'm in IT so I know it all" type of guy when these folks come to your house? I get the sense that you are :rofl:

To a level yes,

But the scenario that happened was that I called to order comcast, and informed the rep that I'd be providing my own equipment (Self Installation), and verified there would be no install charge.

They told me they still had to send someone as turning on the service still needs to happen at the house, I clarified again that there would be no charge.

I had the modem wired to the wall, attached to a laptop, with a guest account called "Cable Guy" so they could confirm, since we were busy cleaning the house before moving in (and I was out running errands).

They inform me that they have to lay a new cable because the signal was weak, I asked at that point "There is no cost associated with this, correct?", at which point they responded "No".

They completed their work, and asked me to sign off, and the page was me agreeing to them having performed a home installation and that I'd be billed $70... I did not sign.

At which point things quickly went south. I did not pay for the installation, nor my first 2 months of service.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
How was that the installers fault?

Because they did not perform a home installation. They came to activate service, which is not a billable service for comcast in the package I ordered.

Home installation is them bringing the router/modem, and setting it up for you.

Either way, I've dealt with them in the past, and they've been horrid.

I run a helpdesk for a medical software company, I'm no stranger to 'catching more flies with sugar than honey' when it comes to the CSR world.

But there comes a point where not a single part of an operation runs correctly that it just becomes upsetting.

My ATT mobile phone is a prime example, I've always paid a little more, but always have had good experiences with the CSR folk. Faults that were mine, or theirs, always resolved smoothly. Comcast were just idiots the whole way.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Again tho....he followed procedure. How is the billing his fault?

He did not follow procedure.

He came to Activate service, and tried to trick me into signing off on a service he did not perform that I'd be billed for later.

Guy was a goddamned sleazeball.

Comcast installers are all Contractors, most ATT installers are actual ATT Employee's, which leads to a higher standard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info