Best and overrated guitar players.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
David Gilmour might be overrated but I fuckin love me some Floyd. I remember reading a biography about them that my old lady bought be one year. Gilmour even claimed he felt they were poor with instruments. That made me like them even more. To me they werent trying to be something they weren't. Seemed like humble dudes. I get what you are saying though.

Santana is also on my awesome list.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yngwei is excellent but is it just me or does he get really boring after 30 seconds? Shredding is fun but nothing but shredding gets old fast. I've watched gear interviews of him and he's a real snob and he has pretty bad taste. He puts Ferrari stickers on everything. Including pedals and guitars.

Don't get me wrong, dude seems like a straight up toolbag, but douche-baggery notwithstanding, he can play. Seemed to set himself apart from the rest of the metal dudes from that era.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
It's just my thoughts. I put my list up to hear other peoples. I get bored with Yngwie.

Not denying he's good, but to me he has no soul and it's always how many notes can I fit in this bar. It's all ascending and descending chromatic scales with major use of arpeggios and sweep picking..

I'd give my left nut to be able to play like that, but it doesn't fit my taste.

Shit I like Black Label, but Wylde does get on my nerves with all the pinch harmonics.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I lied
IMG_760975179971439.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info