WKQX 101.1 bought by Cumulus, to return from 87.7

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
:run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run:

Cumulus Purchases Q101, Will Return To Original Alternative Format: Chicagoist

Dust off those Dr. Martens and bust out the flannel, Q101 is coming home. At least on the FM format front. Cumulus Media, owners of news/talk WLS AM 890 and classic hits WLS FM 94.7 just bought WLUP FM 97.9 and WIQI FM 101.1 from Merlin Media. And, as Robert Feder reports, are returning Q101 to their previous alternative format.

Fuck you [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION], I'm posting first. :s00ls:

Sherman and Tingle should be the very first offers/emails to go out and get them back immediately.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Fuck yeah!!! The replacement was a disaster. I remember listening on the last day of Q101, they had everyone on the air that day. I've been listening to Lithium on XM but it never fully replaced Q101. Hopeful they get some of the crew back. I'm pretty sure I read Tingle landed a good gig though. I would stop breathing listening to Sherman and Tingle phone taps :rofl:

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Fuck yeah!!! The replacement was a disaster. I remember listening on the last day of Q101, they had everyone on the air that day. I've been listening to Lithium on XM but it never fully replaced Q101. Hopeful they get some of the crew back. I'm pretty sure I read Tingle landed a good gig though. I would stop breathing listening to Sherman and Tingle phone taps :rofl:
That was the single greatest day of radio of all time, and I can say that confidently having only been on this Earth since 1982.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
More people got shit on when they changed Q101 to a useless news station and quickly to i101 after almost 20 years on the air.

Exactly. Q101 stayed basically the same for 20 years meanwhile the new management changed the new ******ry twice in less than two years to two completely different broadcasts.

All I hope is they can get the majority of their hosts back.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Nah, at noon one day Metallica From whom the bell tolls was playing and once it ended it went to a Ray Charles song. I stood and stared at the speakers in the shop for like 20mins going WTF.

yeah your right, it was a midday change. I listened on my way to work and when I went to lunch it was on oldies :roflpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info