05+ STS any input on these?

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
hmm.. okay if you are cheap and want to make it last just make sure the oil is good on the dipstick every other fill up.
The engines tend to sip oil after a while, there is a fix for some of the consumption and adding a catch can will reduce consumption
here is a war on the subject. there should be links on the how to's, if not just search/ask the forum there.
I strongly believe that the oil consumption and timing chain wear issue is related. The VVT cams are oil pressure actuated.
Other than that make sure you look for the package with the heated AND cooled seats. they are awesome. imagine no swamp ass ever.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My brother had an 07 STS. AWD with a Northstar. Thing was fantastic until it hit 100,001 miles. Then it COMPLETELY fell apart. Factory air ride suspension blew out, trans had an issue where it would randomly go into limp mode and not shift (didnt happen all that often, but it happened at the most inconvenient times.) The engine burned oil (yeah, northstar). The seats backs fell off. The front doors were the electronic ones that were activated when the key fob is close. Well the sensor or the solenoid (or whatever it used to open the door) burned out so you could only open the door from the inside or by using the key to pop the door. When the battery on the fob starts getting low, the car wont recognize the fob in the car and will lock you out of the car often and its a PITA to get into because of the electronic door open. All 4 wheel bearings went bad (this has happened on all 4 Cadillac STS's he has owned.)

I could literally go on for days on how much of a steaming pile of shit that car was. I would in no way recommend it.

Most of these problems, had they have been on another car, probably would have been cheap to fix. But since it is a Cadillac and over-engineered (poorly I might add) everything is crazy expensive to fix. Just to replace the headlight the front bumper had to come off (or so they said at the dealer.) I wouldnt touch it and the dealer wanted like $200 to replace a fucking headlight.

Not to mention that the depreciation on them is insane. If you buy one plan buying it outright or keeping it until its paid off.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
wasn't the one [MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION] is talking about lined up to race everything and anything under the sun though while it was owned?

Only after it fell apart and it wasn't worth anything. But yeah even so, 99% of the problems with it wouldn't have been affected by that. Nice try though.

And I race my Mustang against anything and everything and its mever skipped a beat really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info