Paul Walker Memorial Cruises (Last night)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It is my understanding that a few very large memorial cruises for to Paul Walker happened last night. The biggest started in Lombard and Arlington Heights. According to Facebook the Lombard cruise had 3700 attendee's. At least what the FB invite said. Eitherway hundreds of cars. I actually drove to Woodfield mall last night (right near my house) as one of the cruises was reportedly starting In that location. But didn't see a single car, my guess is they got kicked out. Props to the guy who planned a car meet at woodfield mall a few weeks before Christmas :rofl: Part of my wanted to goto one of the other starting points just to see all the cars, but the other part of me told me to stay far as fuck away. Did anyone from here go on out on one of these memorial cruises?

I checked out the FB thread for the Lombard cruise this morning to see if anyone had pics of the turnout. A few of the first posts...

https://www.facebook.com/events/548027991955110/

"omg" (pic of burning car)

"So who's the kid that crashed the CTS-V at ozinga?"

"This is why you don't go to a cruise with 2000 dumb asses in the same place thinking they are hot shit" (pic of wrecked EVO)

"Anybody crash their porsche?"

"Crazy driver at Paul Walker Memorial Cruise" (video)

"Drifting near downtown" (video)

"People need to stop with the accident rumors. Don't believe anything untill you see pictures. Otherwise it didn't happen"

(picture of speedo at 95mph)

"Dudes revving for dudes. Don't be that guy." :rofl:

"Wow from all the posts I've seen, I just wanna say thanks for making the entire chicago car scene look bad.... ::shakes head::"

"That was nuts my shoutout goes to the R34 GTR wagon from japan .! Awesome turnout . Great meet . And a kickass burnout contest .!"

"did someone really get shot?"

" didn't want this to happen! I hope you are the other person in the other car is okay! At least it isnt THAT bad"

"That was one disorganized ass cruise.."

(Burnouts in Downtown Chicago)

On a positive note it looks like the cruise(s) had a hell of a turnout. They also collected donations for Paul Walkers charity.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I expected shit to happen like this on a cruise. But this is the exact reason police have been cracking down on car enthusiasts since these Fast & Furious movies started. People that contributed to the burnouts, accidents, doughnuts, etc should be ashamed. You are not paying respect to anyone doing that.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I'll give you my point of view since I was there.
I knew it would be a clusterfuck. With so many people comes lots of retards. I downloaded the app "Zello" because people were going to be using that to communicate. It was all people dicking around looking for attention. They were talking about poop and every other word was "bro".
There was a group of people leaving early from my area so I told them I would meet up and cruise with them. They said they were rolling out at 4:45. I hurried in traffic to get there around 4:30 and they were gone. I wasn't too happy about that.
Lot was completely packed. Thousands of cars in the lot, mostly junk. I swear I felt like the oldest one there. Most people looked like they were between 16-20 years old and wore funny hats.
When it came time to leave, it was chaos. Took about 30 minutes to get out of the lot. Another 30 minutes to go a few miles down 53. There were these ghetto black kids in a sebring that got out their car and started dancing and trying to draw attention to themselves. When we were driving they were purposely swerving and accelerating and slamming on the brakes. I absolutely knew they would crash.
Part of the group got split up going onto army trail. I followed the person in front of me and sure enough they didn't know where they were going. Had to bust a u turn to get onto 355. Then everyone started following me. Finally we caught up with the group. Everything was smooth sailing until we got on 290 before Manheim. Those black kids that i was talking about.. They weren't bouncing around anymore.

Car was fucked on both sides. I think they hit a 350z or something. It said fast and the furious on the side.
All the way into the city there were other crashes. I followed the wrong people again and got lost. So I just drove around and came home. Cops were flying everywhere in the city. I heard there were a bunch more accidents. Some kid says he was arrested for no reason other than he had stickers on his car.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
C7uKzWA.jpg

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Ridiculous especially when you consider how many time the TCG folk get together and nothing like this happens.

It sucks that we as car enthusiasts as whole will continued to be judged by the actions of a few irresponsible individuals.

Now you know how people with motorcycles feel. Douchebags runing it for the rest of us who ride responsibly and safely. Sounds like this was just chaos as most believed it would be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info