Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
coolstorybro.jpg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
"IMG, FONT, TABLE, DIV, and SPAN tags are no longer supported in this category. Please use CL image upload for images." This is the problem I'm having. I don't want to upload my shit. I want to link it from where I already uploaded it to

This is like those lazy fucks that make for sale threads on forums. Instead of writing out a proper ad (or even copy and fucking paste) they just post a link to Craigslist. Shit drives me nuts. Quit being lazy.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
This is a pain for businesses that use Craigslist (like mine). We used to link Virtual Tours for homes to our ads. Now it's copy/paste. Our stats show a 75% drop off in Virtual Tours for the last month. 3/4 of our potential customers won't or don't know how to copy/paste. We'll have to sign up with Craigslist since this is an unacceptable loss for a business like ours. Craigslist sucked us in with a free taste and now that we're hooked, they want their vigorish.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
This is a pain for businesses that use Craigslist (like mine). We used to link Virtual Tours for homes to our ads. Now it's copy/paste. Our stats show a 75% drop off in Virtual Tours for the last month. 3/4 of our potential customers won't or don't know how to copy/paste. We'll have to sign up with Craigslist since this is an unacceptable loss for a business like ours. Craigslist sucked us in with a free taste and now that we're hooked, they want their vigorish.

It sucks for people like you guys but there were entirely too many spammers that abused the code. It really needed to go.

I'm not sure how Craigslist can win here. They left that site alone for years, doing basically nothing to update it and people bitched. Then they started shutting down the aggregator sites like Padmapper and Crazedlist and people bitched but now they're finally actively updating the site and have made some pretty great upgrades over the past year or so. Anonymous email, maps, etc.

As long as they don't kill the RSS feeds I'm gravy. Please don't kill the RSS feeds.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah, I was just about to say...

It's to help combat the scripts that will post the same ad a million times by putting the real ad in a picture and putting random jibberish words down below so CL's filters don't catch it.

Well that explains it pretty good. I thought it was just some BS shit they were doing to drive me insane. I guess they're off the hook for now, although it doesn't explain why when I tried to put a pic up the legit way it still didn't work....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info