Another cell phone provider thread

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I am looking to potentially switch cell phone providers. I am currently with Sprint and have an Everything 1200 minute shared plan with unlimited text and data that I share with my wife.

I have a OG Samsung Galaxy S and my wife has an iPhone 5S. We currently pay $142 out the door with taxes. My line is off contract and my wife’s line has 3 more months left on contract. Sprint has been bumpy over the last year, with spotty service and slow data while they upgrade to their new LTE network. Sprint’s customer service is also poor as well. Basically, the only reason that I’ve kept Sprint is because from what I’ve seen it’s cheap.

That being said, I am trying to decide on keeping Sprint or give them a boot for another provided (AT&T or Verizon). Both my wife and I would probably get the new iPhone 5S. My understanding is that the new Sprint LTE network is faster than the old 4G “WiMax” network that I can use on my Galaxy S. What kind of speeds are you Sprint guys getting on a newer phone using LTE? Is it much faster and worth staying?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Usually I'm captain save a sprint and this time it's no different but I can honestly say sprint is turning their shit around... Slowly... But they are. 4G speeds have greatly increased and 3g is actually worth a shit.

They are updating phones first and consistently have the best lineup of Android devices. Plus their pricing is just plain great.

With that said, coverage is still their biggest hurdle but it's definitely on an upswing.

I'm at the VA hospital right now and in past years it was a total dead zone. Today, full 4G. That's a measurable sign of progress imo.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I went with Verizon years ago and grandfathered in to the unlimited data and text. I like keeping my phones for a while so it ends up being cheaper for me to buy a new one outright as opposed to being under a new contract with phone upgrades and limited data. I never have a problem with reception with Verizon.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Don't switch. I went from Sprint to ATT and should have stayed Sprint. Especially if you have unlimited data. No unlimited data exists for ATT or VZW and you're going to pay out the ass if you want anything greater than 2GB which I've burned through in a week many times.

That's what makes me leery of switching, I love the unlimited everything and nobody else really has that. I'm in a contract with my fiancé and [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] and have a good year and a half left, but any positive feedback I have towards Sprint has been plummeting ever since we signed up for this new contract. My phone is slowly killing itself and I have an upgrade in December, but I don't know if I want to risk it with how much we've hated Sprint lately.

I don't want to pay out the ass to get out of a contract this early, but I don't want to go about this shitty service for much longer.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Whatever you do go with a phone with a upgradeable MicroSD card so you can save all those pictures of dudes you gathered from boating season.

Good advice. I knew you had a lot of experience with taking pictures of shirtless dudes on your boat. Jon said you tried to get him to pose, but he is kind of bashful when it comes to that stuff What size MicroSD card capacity would you recommend? What about videos? I am sure you got a lot of those too!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Good advice. I knew you had a lot of experience with taking pictures of shirtless dudes on your boat. Jon said you tried to get him to pose, but he is kind of bashful when it comes to that stuff What size MicroSD card capacity would you recommend? What about videos? I am sure you got a lot of those too!

Thats funny he has never even been out on the boat. Are you confused with a personal experience?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info