Middle of the night calls are rarely good

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My older daughter Lindsey called me Friday night at 1 A.M. She sounded strange so I asked what was happening. She was mudding with a bunch of friends and the driver rolled the Jeep during a high speed hairpin turn. My daughter and the guy with her in the back seat (Mike) were ejected still buckled into the bench seat. Talking to her, I could tell she was in shock.

They airlifted the guy to a local hospital. He has a shattered jaw, head wounds and was coughing up blood. He's now in an induced coma. Ambulance took her to another hospital but, for whatever reason, she got in a fight with the paramedics, walked out and called me. I asked how she was and she described blood and dirt on her head. I told her to get her ass to a hospital ASAP so a friend drove her. Amy and I jumped in a car and headed down to Ft. Myers, 45 mins. away.

When we got there, the docs were setting up a CAT scan for her. She had blood all over her head which was swelling up. Her pupils were OK and she was coherent so the doc didn't think she has a concussion. CAT scan results came back negative. She got some Vicodin and three staples in her head. Amy and I brought her home so we could watch her today. Finally got home at 6 A.M. so we spent much of the day sleeping.

Lindsey just left to go home. She is covered with cuts and bruises and looks terrible but is OK. I'm not sure how Mike is doing yet. Hopefully, he'll be OK, too. Head trauma can be bad.

You parents out there can imagine how this feels. Not the first midnight call I have gotten and probably won't be the last. I just hope we won't have many more before my kids settle down a little.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
1st of all... im glad your loved one is ok!

Being in this field, you said she was ejected? But then sounded like she stated inside the vehicle??? Just was curious if you could clarify... Because if ejected from a vehicle your chances of life ending injuries are 150% more likely. If that was the case, wow...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I believe the seat broke loose and they were sort of hanging from it and the belts. Don't know if they were completely outside the vehicle or still inside once it stopped rolling. Lindsey doesn't remember the details. She said one of the front passengers, the brother of Mike, got the two of them out of the belts. Lindsey's phone had flown off into the brush so she ran to a farmhouse for help while the guys tried to help Mike. She's a tough kid and discounted her own injuries to do what she thought best. I'm sure she was dazed and in shock from how she sounded when she found her phone and called me.

Mike's brother is a firefighter and one of the other people there was a cop so they kept Mike alive until the paramedics and then the helicopter crew arrived and took over.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Got any pictures of your daughter?

This is stepping over the line which is very hard to do on TCG. Use your head next time because I will not be as lenient. See you in 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Cliff! Keep a close eye on her, any type of head trauma can have serious issues down the road. If she is getting bad head aches and acting out of it get her to the doctor ASAP!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
This is stepping over the line which is very hard to do on TCG. Use your head next time because I will not be as lenient. See you in 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Cliff! Keep a close eye on her, any type of head trauma can have serious issues down the road. If she is getting bad head aches and acting out of it get her to the doctor ASAP!

:rofl: That's such a short list of people who've done it.

Cliff, as stated, glad she's OK, and like greasy said, keep a close eye on her.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info