Agree or Disagree - Confederate flag was the flag of traitors

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Of course it's from CNN. Apparently disagreeing with your government at times of social struggle is traitorous.

Bunch of dumbass talking heads spewing shit because they're fucktarded degenerates. If flying the south's flag that they wanted for their succession is traitorous, people flying Mexican flags should be targeted as terrorists then. Oh wait, targeting illegals goes against Obama's and the Liberal's plan for America so that it's alright.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And its not technically from CNN.

Dean Obeidallah, a former attorney, is a political comedian and frequent commentator on various TV networks including CNN. He is the co-director of the new comedy documentary "The Muslims Are Coming!" It was released this month. Follow him on Twitter @deanofcomedy.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
It's all relative. Americans are traitors to the British yet we would call those same people that defected patriots. Although I don't care much for the confederate flag I see it as a symbol of American History. I'd rather be called a traitor than be oppressed by the notion of having a different belief because the victor is the one that writes history. Had the south prevailed then this would be the opposite side of the same coin.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The civil war was fought because they disagreed with the Norths idea of civil liberties and the government as a whole. We obviously all know that.

But to call dissidents, of wars-gone-by, traitorous is as much comparable to calling illegals terrorists. It's stupid.

[MENTION=1774]willizm[/MENTION] basically just said what I attempted to.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I grew up watching the dukes of Hazard with the rebel flag painted on the roof of the the General Lee. I never really questioned the meaning of the rebel flag then. I don't have a problem with it unless they are using it insinuate they are superior to other races or colors.

In 1861, Stephens explained to a cheering audience that the Confederacy was founded to expressly reject the proposition that men of all races were equal. Instead, Stephens stated, "The foundations of our new government are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info