News article about Riski

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
"Under questioning by defense attorneys, both witnesses said they could not place Salvesen’s Subaru at the scene of the crash or identify Salvesen as the driver."

:ugh:

Theyre going to have a hell of a time convicting with no real eye witnesses to identify him. who knows though, rolling meadows doesn't fuck around, I hope they nail him

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That sucks... It's a sobering reminder that the stuff we've probably all done can end you at any point.

Truth be told though, it sounds like the person that should be charged is the person who's dead. Joe is the one that lost control of his car and hit the other car. This guy at best was participating in a street race and left the scene of an accident he apparently wasn't involved in.

Charging him for street racing is one thing but it sounds like they're trying to stick Joe's charges on the only person that left the event alive.

Please don't crucify me. If you see it differently please explain why.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
That sucks... It's a sobering reminder that the stuff we've probably all done can end you at any point.

Truth be told though, it sounds like the person that should be charged is the person who's dead. Joe is the one that lost control of his car and hit the other car. This guy at best was participating in a street race and left the scene of an accident he apparently wasn't involved in.

Charging him for street racing is one thing but it sounds like they're trying to stick Joe's charges on the only person that left the event alive.

Timothy Salvesen, 39, is charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident and aggravated street racing

Its not like they charged him with manslaughter or anything, he participated in a street race that resulted in 2 deaths.

The charges seem to be adequate in my eyes....

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It'll be hard to get a "slam dunk" case with the witnesses not being able to pinpoint the other driver. The only evidence I see is helping to try and nail the survivor is the account of street racing and the photo of the plates. But since nobody actually saw the guy leave the scene of the accident then it'll be a hard case to prove. Part of me wants to see the guy get his ass handed to him but then again, we have all taken that same risk with street racing. I have mixed feelings but all in all, if the evidence can't prove the guy was there, then I think he'll go free (again based off evidence).

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Timothy Salvesen, 39, is charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident and aggravated street racing

Its not like they charged him with manslaughter or anything, he participated in a street race that resulted in 2 deaths.

The charges seem to be adequate in my eyes....

You're right... I thought they were charging him with manslaughter.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora

Well FYI Joe is my Brother.
Here is why you are wrong without going into details I cannot say until the trial is over.
1) Look at what the actual charges are (aggravated street racing, and leaving the scene of an accident that resulted in fatality). How is he being stuck with any charge of Joes??????
2) Street racing takes two
3) You don't know the details of the crash so just because the paint didn't trade doesn't mean you didn't have a hand in it. For example I could take my truck and drive you off the road without hitting you.....not my fault????

You are all entitled to your opinions, I would appreciate the choice of words used be looked at carefully before posting. I will take offense to any ignorant comments.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
"Under questioning by defense attorneys, both witnesses said they could not place Salvesen’s Subaru at the scene of the crash or identify Salvesen as the driver."

:ugh:

seems you left out all the details just above your quote. This evidence should be enough.

"Another witness, Josh Nilsson, said he saw the two cars pass him on the right at a high rate of speed on Golf Road before they reached the stoplight at Barrington Road. He said he stopped behind the Subaru and was so concerned he took a cell phone photo of the car’s license plate in order to call police.

“I thought they were driving so recklessly,” Nilsson testified. “It was pedal to the metal.”

Nilsson said he tried to follow the cars but lost them as they sped into the night until he came up the scene of the crash and the fire. He stopped and got out of his Toyota Corolla to render assistance, he said.

“I approached and saw a man on the ground,” Nilsson said. “I checked for a pulse but there was none.”

Nilsson sent his photo in a text message to police, which led to the eventual charges against Salvesen.
"

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
It'll be hard to get a "slam dunk" case with the witnesses not being able to pinpoint the other driver. The only evidence I see is helping to try and nail the survivor is the account of street racing and the photo of the plates. But since nobody actually saw the guy leave the scene of the accident then it'll be a hard case to prove. Part of me wants to see the guy get his ass handed to him but then again, we have all taken that same risk with street racing. I have mixed feelings but all in all, if the evidence can't prove the guy was there, then I think he'll go free (again based off evidence).

Its only the first day of trial. Many witnesses to testify and info to surface. The news is not spot on either FWIW

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Unfortunately it seems the only person who can tell us what happened with the crash would have to self-incriminate which is unlikely to happen.

If I were his attorney I'd tell him to say yea they were having stoplight races, but I turned off before the crash happened and there seems to be no evidence to say otherwise.

The picture of the plate seems to be damming, but there unfortunately is no proof at the time the accident happened. It's just the way the criminal system works

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well FYI Joe is my Brother.
Here is why you are wrong without going into details I cannot say until the trial is over.
1) Look at what the actual charges are (aggravated street racing, and leaving the scene of an accident that resulted in fatality). How is he being stuck with any charge of Joes??????
2) Street racing takes two
3) You don't know the details of the crash so just because the paint didn't trade doesn't mean you didn't have a hand in it. For example I could take my truck and drive you off the road without hitting you.....not my fault????

You are all entitled to your opinions, I would appreciate the choice of words used be looked at carefully before posting. I will take offense to any ignorant comments.

1. See my previous post. I thought they were charging him with manslaughter.

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed again however the witness accounts so far seem to state that Joe lost control of the car after going around a van which would lead someone with no other info to believe that he was the cause of the loss of control and subsequent crash into the other car. If there is competing testimony that says that the Subaru cut him off or something like than then yeah, I'm with you.

The bottom line is that none of us were there so you have to look at the witness testimony and go from there. Either way though, an indictment of someone's actions doesn't have to be an indictment of their character. I've done some worse stuff than this and got lucky that it ended differently than things ended here. Every one of us has done stupid shit. That doesn't make us all horrible. It just makes us human.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Its only the first day of trial. Many witnesses to testify and info to surface. The news is not spot on either FWIW

Im just going based off what I know at the moment. Either way it doesn't change what happened and a decision will be made based off any evidence/witnesses. But I bet the guy won't get off easy. Especially because of the way it ended and it involving street racing.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
1. See my previous post. I thought they were charging him with manslaughter.

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed again however the witness accounts so far seem to state that Joe lost control of the car after going around a van which would lead someone with no other info to believe that he was the cause of the loss of control and subsequent crash into the other car. If there is competing testimony that says that the Subaru cut him off or something like than then yeah, I'm with you.

The bottom line is that none of us were there so you have to look at the witness testimony and go from there. Either way though, an indictment of someone's actions doesn't have to be an indictment of their character. I've done some worse stuff than this and got lucky that it ended differently than things ended here. Every one of us has done stupid shit. That doesn't make us all horrible. It just makes us human.

When a person decides to leave the scene and go home after a drag race he is involved in which the other driver crashes head on into another vehicle and explodes into a ball of flames , then lie to an officer about it immediately afterwards trying to cover himself , that makes him horrible human . In my mind it does . Maybe not yours .

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
When a person decides to leave the scene and go home after a drag race he is involved in which the other driver crashes head on into another vehicle and explodes into a ball of flames , then lie to an officer about it immediately afterwards trying to cover himself , that makes him horrible human . In my mind it does . Maybe not yours .

If you were responding to this:

And I think you were... I was actually referring to Joe because it appeared his brother was taking my comments as a slam on him. Singular actions don't define us. I think the same can be said for the Subaru driver. Good people do shitty things. What you have here are two people that both apparently made a string of terrible decisions that day that affected them and innocent people around them. What more can you say? It sucks any way you slice it.

Nonetheless, I only know what I've read. I didn't know Joe from anywhere other than this forum and I should probably learn that just because there's a chance to give my opinion doesn't mean that I need to take it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info