WHAT THE FCK IS BECOMING OF AMERICA?!?! Ban airsoft guns!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Are you fucking KIDDING ME!??!

Cliffs: Two boys are being suspended from school for shooting airsoft guns on THEIR OWN PROPERTY and face expulsion.

Boys punished for firing airsoft guns - Local News - Portsmouth, VA | NBC News

A suspended seventh grade Virginia Beach student will find out soon if he is expelled for the rest of the year for shooting an airsoft gun.

Like thousands of others in Hampton Roads, Khalid Caraballo plays with airsoft guns. Caraballo and his friend Aidan were suspended because they shot two other friends who were with them while playing with the guns as they waited for the school bus.

The two seventh graders say they never went to the bus stop; they fired the airsoft guns while on Caraballo's private property.

Aidan's father, Tim Clark, told WAVY.com what happened next lacks commons sense. The children were suspended for possession, handling and use of a firearm.

Khalid's mother, Solangel Caraballo, thinks it is ridiculous the Virginia Beach City Public School System suspended her 13-year-old son and Aidan because they were firing a spring-driven airsoft gun on the Caraballo's posted private property. "My son is my private property. He does not become the school's property until he goes to the bus stop, gets on the bus, and goes to school."
The bus stop in question is 70 yards from the Caraballo's front yard.

Solangel Caraballo was not at home when this incident occurred. She was taking her young son to a Head Start class. She left her 16-year -old daughter in charge.

Khalid and Aiden aren't only suspended, they were recommended to be expelled for a year for "possession, handling and use of a firearm."

This story that addresses Zero Tolerance extending to private property began on September 9 with a 911 call from a concerned citizen.

A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his front yard. She told the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard".

WAVY.com located the 911 caller and spoke to her. She confirmed Khalid was taking target practice using a zombie hunter airsoft gun to kill the zombies. There was also a net behind the target to catch the plastic pellets.

The caller also knew the gun wasn't real and said so, "This is not a real one, but it makes people uncomfortable. I know that it makes me (uncomfortable), as a mom, to see a boy pointing a gun," she told the 911 dispatcher.
The airsoft guns are designed to be non-lethal. Plastic pellets are used, and not copper bb's.

Ironically, that 911 caller's son was playing with Khalid and Aidan in the Caraballo front yard on September 12. There were six children playing in an airsoft gun war. "We see the bus come. We put the gun down. We did not take the airsoft gun to the bus stop. We did not take the gun to school," Khalid explained.

Aidan admits shooting the caller's son in the arm, and Khalid admits shooting another friend in the back. "He knew we had the airsoft gun. He knew we were playing. He knew people were getting shot. We were shooting at the tree, but he still came and even after he was shot he still played," referring to the son of the 911 caller.

WAVY.com reached out to the principal of Larkspur Middle School, Matthew Delaney. In a letter obtained by WAVY.com he said his investigation found the "children were firing pellet guns at each other, and at people near the bus stop." The letter from Delaney says one child "was only 10 feet from the bus stop, and ran from the shots being fired, but was still hit."

Khalid insists all the shots fired were on his private property. The three children firing the guns were suspended. The three others who did not fire the guns were not suspended.

Khalid thinks it's unfair. "Yes, it's unfair because we were in our yard. This had nothing to do with school. I didn't have anything at school at anytime."

The Virginia Beach City Code isn't clear, and goes back and forth. It reads no person "shall...discharge any firearm, spring-propelled rifle or pistol...within...150 yards of any building." Then it reads "no person shall use a pneumatic gun except at approved shooting ranges or within private property."

Solangel says, "That is exactly my point. It is private property."

However, the Code also requires shooting with "permission of the owner." In this case, the parent is the owner, and she did not give her son, Khalid, permission to fire the gun. He disobeyed her.

"How dare he disobey me, but this is a home issue. It's not a school issue and it won't happen again. He will never do this again," Solangel says looking back at Khalid with a stern face.

Virginia Beach Police say they do not proactively seek out to enforce this code unless "the juveniles are not exercising reasonable care." Reasonable care is defined as "the gun is discharged in a manner so the projectile is contained on the property by a fence or backstop."

Police are not charging anyone in this case. They would not discuss the specifics because the people involved are juveniles.

Khalid said he will never do this again. "It's terrible. I won't get the chance to go to a good college. It's on your school record. The school said I had possession of a firearm. They aren't going to ask me any questions. They are going to think it was a real gun, and I was trying to hurt someone. They will say 'oh, we can't accept you.' "

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reading it again, it says they shot two other friends who were likely waiting for the bus but even then...how is this a school issue? Kick them off the bus, but suspension? Expulsion? Give me a fucking break. This country is full of such weak minded pussies now.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
It is retarded. Someone should shoot whoever bitched about it with airsoft guns because you know they're so dangerous. I got shot point blank with a fairly powerful one and it hurt but just gave a little bruise. Paintball guns are worse then airsoft guns IMO because airsoft gives you a welt not just a tiny bruise.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
StanVaginitis.png

i don't think its a good idea for kids to be shooting at each other with airsoft guns anyways

good way to lose an eye

funny you say that. these things can be kinda dangerous with at least some shooting glasses on.

long time ago i shot my brother down the hallway in our house and the bb spiraled and hit him in the eye. he kept complaining of pain so my rents too him to the ER. ended up the bb was in the back of his eye socket. almost went blind. wasnt a cheap bill i had to pay for.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
And apparently the parents will have to wait several months to contest this suspension or possible expulsion with the school board. Like those crooked fucks are that busy that they can't even listen to the parents by then. If I were the parent I would not accept this as valid and send the kid to school until they finally realized they were fucked in the head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info