Linpak MFLOPS test with my 5S and my ipad4.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Here are results from one of the CPU test apps I know of. Lets see some of the android results. Here are mine.

iPad 4

83928415c182cd42318150469e842f30_zpscfd850cf.jpg

iPhone 5S

FFD31350-3FE9-4C9D-9580-D2DDEBC55C0A-490-000000530BF52ED4_zps5655c1e9.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Benchmarking phones is gay as all hell, and proves literally nothing...about as gay as arguing them.

BUT just to appease you so you can say you scored higher :s00ls:, I see around 699-710 (.25 seconds, norm res 3.24) on my HTC One. Which I believe is on the higher side for this phone.

Edit: Avg for the One is 646

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Benchmarking phones is gay as all hell, and proves literally nothing...about as gay as arguing them.

BUT just to appease you so you can say you scored higher, I see around 699-710 (.25 seconds, norm res 3.24) on my HTC One. Which I believe is on the higher side for this phone.

Edit: Avg for the One is 646

Kind of like dynoing cars and comparing dyno numbers??? Not sure why you think this is gay. Its also like running speed tests from speedtest.net. This is the great equalizer among smart phones and CPUs for that matter for a long time. So anyone with an S4 want to play?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Wheres [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]...hes better at arguing phones than I am. The processor in the iphone has always been leaps and bounds better at testing than other phones. Even I cant deny that.

[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] is hiding right now.

His phone is rooted, would probably run better than stock #s.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Here's my issue with measuring ph performance now. Pretty much ANY modern smartphone is faster than you need it to be to text, email, browse and make phone calls. Who cares if it draws pages .0003 seconds faster than another phone? It's all about functionality and which platform suits your needs as an end user best.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
One thing I have noticed that I didn't notice back in the day is how quick people on here even friends are so quick to criticize over just about everything. But I guess thats what you get when you leave your thoughts and ideas up to the public for debate. Anyway, just thought people would be interested in this thats all. I was wondering what it was running compared to the latest ipad. I was into this stuff way back with android devices when the droid and droid X were the flagship phones. I was rooted and overclocked. Was fun to tinker, but they were so unstable and unreliable, and I just wanted a phone that worked. And I wasnt happy with the then current android (2.2) OS on any device. So off to apple I went. Happy I did too.

hate on your haters.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its way easier to root android now (and push the limits). Its all about choosing the proper rom & kernel combo. My s3 was undervolted by quite a bit and overclocked a good amount, worked great until i started swapping roms...then it went to shit.

I havent bothered to tinker w/ the One at all as it runs pretty good on its own and you can remove or turn off a lot of the BS bloatware...plus it wasnt that straight forward to root b/c of HTC (they have no problem with it but you gotta go a few extra steps).

I just think phone benchmarking really doesnt mean much...just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info