Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reports are still coming in but this is from an eye witness.

I went to my moms house in Cary and walked down to the Fox River to drive my RC boat (see previous post). I wanted to race a real boat and if anything drive it in a new location. After a few minutes a challenger appears! I see a fishing boat coming north at a pretty good speed. As the boat comes closer I crack the throttle and in a few seconds it was pulling away from this fishing boat. The look on the fishermen's faces was priceless as a 4ft long RC boat goes screaming past them with a 6ft rooster tail at 50+mph. As they go around the bend I shut down and turn around. At this point the river was pretty choppy from the boat going by so I was just driving around jumping the waves crashing off the shoreline. I crack the throttle pretty hard and the boat jumps a wave and flips over. FUCK. No big deal, I watched a YouTube video at work today on how to get this particular model back to shore if it flips over. Just reverse and the prop will act like a propeller on a airplane and you can limp the boat to shore. Well this wasn't exactly working as the boat was a few hundred feet from shore and a current was carrying it south down the river. I wasn't getting anywhere, and figured I had no choice other then to swim out and get it. I called my mom and told her to bring some towels and a pair of shorts down to the river. Well time was ticking, the boat was getting further away, and she wasn't here yet. The boat then moves and points straight up in the air like the fucking Titanic. ITS GOING DOWN. I went over to the neighborhood "harbor" to try to find a life jacket on someone's boat. I found a throwable flotation device on someone's boat. I strip down to my boxers and jump in the river. As I am swimming out to the boat I realize this water is fucking disgusting and I hope I don't get hit by a boat. As I get near the middle of the river I see a boat coming. FUCK. I wave my arms up and down to make sure he can see me. (He was driving straight into the sunset at me). The boat turns and I notice its a McHenry County Sheriff Boat. COOL they will help me out or at least ask if I am OK. You would think that's what they would do if they see a guy swimming in the middle of river at dusk waving his arms with a flotation device. NOPE they drive past at 35 mph kicking up a huge wake and even through they looked right at me they keep driving past. Its good to know all they care about are fishing licenses and Chain stickers. THANKS ASSHOLES. I grab my boat and start making my way to shore. I swim a couple hundred feet against the current back to land. My mom pulls up. Thanks mom but you are a bit late to the party! Still soaking wet and in my boxers all I can think of is if my $600 worth of RC Boat still works. I grab the controller and at the squeeze of the throttle the engine screams back to life. GREAT SUCCESS - VERY NICE.

0nG0ijA.jpg

[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] :mamoru:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info