Forza 5 thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
New gameplay footage. What struck me the most was the reflection off the car, especially the carbon fiber. The carbon fiber appears three dimensional, just as in real life, pretty amazing. The environments appear to be huge too, no more fog with objects in the distance randomly popping up on screen as you get closer. This is looking good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfEUVjGq80&feature=player_embedded

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I mean, it looks good. But I'm going to need a much more compelling reason to upgrade. Like serious game play renovation. Probably not going to get a new generation system for a racing game unless they revisit how racing games are played. I've grown bored with racing 10 other cars, earning money so I can unlock the next car/track and repeat a dozen times.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They need to not take themselves not so seriously. Add mini games within the racing, crazier cars/modifications and experiment with the traditional side-by-side race. Gran Turismo had good ideas with the specialty events but I wasn't thrilled with the execution.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think simulators need to move into the online realm...take a chance and start doing LIVE online tournaments....multiple hour endurance races....LIVE teams that have to work together throughout a season...win races to get money to support your team...etc etc etc. THAT I could get behind.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think simulators need to move into the online realm...take a chance and start doing LIVE online tournaments....multiple hour endurance races....LIVE teams that have to work together throughout a season...win races to get money to support your team...etc etc etc. THAT I could get behind.

That would be cool. Any sort of real team racing would be nice.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Racing games have seriously lacked entertaining online play. Except for PGR4. That was a freaking riot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info