Got a guy coming Friday to most likely buy my car

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Real cool dudebro looked at it Monday. Very very interested in the car. He said he will have to go to his bank to pull out a small loan and he just texted me today that he should have the cash from them Friday if everything goes well. However, I have an appointment for another guy friday evening, to look at the car. Do I tell 1st dudebro that I DO have another person coming to look at it, just as a courtesy? (I don't want to scare him off though) Obviously If the second guy brings cash and matches what 1st dudebro offers, (or exceeds it) I'll take it. Business is business.

:dunno:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I would suggest lettting first dudebro know. ESPECIALLY if its a member here. I was the first dudebro when trying to buy that camry someone had for sale on here. Agreed on a price and was told to come next day. Dude backed out at the last minute and then we agreed to meet the next day.(cash in hand & some) Got a message on TCG even though he had my cell that he sold the car. :rofl: Couldnt even give me a courtesy call to match the offer? No biggie, life goes on.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
'if everything goes well'

That's a vague statement, and if he can't afford what you are asking in cash, I doubt his credit is good enough to get a personal loan to cover the car... I just can't picture a bank doing a sub $7500 loan on a late 90's Taurus....

He should also be able to get an answer from his bank with just a phone call, no reason why he has to wait until Friday to give you a definite answer...

Cliffs: Tell the guy, not like he gave you a deposit, cash is king.

If the first guy gets 'spooked' that easily, he probably wasn't that interested in the car, or couldn't secure the $ IMO.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
'if everything goes well'

That's a vague statement, and if he can't afford what you are asking in cash, I doubt his credit is good enough to get a personal loan to cover the car... I just can't picture a bank doing a sub $7500 loan on a late 90's Taurus....

He should also be able to get an answer from his bank with just a phone call, no reason why he has to wait until Friday to give you a definite answer...

Cliffs: Tell the guy, not like he gave you a deposit, cash is king.

If the first guy gets 'spooked' that easily, he probably wasn't that interested in the car, or couldn't secure the $ IMO.

He does not have to tell the bank its a loan for a auto. I sure wouldnt. Personal loan, give me monies now.:jg:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
He does not have to tell the bank its a loan for a auto. I sure wouldnt. Personal loan, give me monies now.:jg:

Unless I'm WAAAAAY off-base, I've always had the distinct impression that you need stellar credit to really get any sort of personal loan.

If you have stellar credit, I'd really imagine 'the smart thing' to do would be to save money to buy a car like syP's outright if you are in the market for it.

Cliffs:

If you can't afford to buy a $5000 car in cash, you shouldn't buy it IMO, and chances are you don't have the credit to get a personal loan to cover it.

$5500 is kind of alot to swallow for a straight cash price for a car..

Id say $3500 and less is easy... $6k and more is easy (for a loan) that 3500-6000 range is kind of tricky to sell a used car.

Hope that makes sense

Agreed, that's not a 'good place' to be in the used car market due to those reasons, which is why I am doubtful about him getting the loan (even a personal one for that matter).

I'm sure there could be some very specific circumstance of like he has $4K, and needs another 2 to cover the car/title/tax/etc, but that would be a 'stupid' car purchase IMO. Granted, that's just IMO, I'd buy a cheaper car, or keep saving if I was in a similar position, even if it was my dream car...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Unless I'm WAAAAAY off-base, I've always had the distinct impression that you need stellar credit to really get any sort of personal loan.

If you have stellar credit, I'd really imagine 'the smart thing' to do would be to save money to buy a car like syP's outright if you are in the market for it.

Cliffs:

If you can't afford to buy a $5000 car in cash, you shouldn't buy it IMO, and chances are you don't have the credit to get a personal loan to cover it.

Yes and no

For instance, myself, I would rather not pay 5k out of my bank account to buy a car mainly because I like to have a certain amount of money to fall back on in case of emergency. I do have good credit and I would rather take a small loan out with a low rate and pay it back in half the time. Not only does it lessen the blow of dropping 5k all at once, it also helps my credit score by paying off a loan sooner than expected. Win win IMO

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Bro I have sold many things and the first person to put the cash in your hand is the buyer I don't care if its my best buddy. U know how many people say ill be back tommorrow and never show, buyers play games too. Fuck that show the car to whoever wants to buy it. If he really wanted the car he would given u a cash deposit and a bill of sale and showed more interest than just saying I'll be back. Fuck that cash is king and don't take a check u can wipe your ass with. Unless u physically see the bank teller give him the check

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Bro I have sold many things and the first person to put the cash in your hand is the buyer I don't care if its my best buddy. U know how many people say ill be back tommorrow and never show. Fuck that show the car to whoever wants to buy it. If he really wanted the car he would given u a cash deposit and a bill of sale and showed more interest than just saying I'll be back. Fuck that cash is king and don't take a check u can wipe your ass with. Unless u physically see the bank teller give him the check

You're a car salesman, we already know how shady you are.... :s00ls: ;) :hsughlol:

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
You're a car salesman, we already know how shady you are.... :s00ls: ;) :hsughlol:

I'm about my money and business first. I've been stroked too many times and get stroked everyday by customers. Im just giving him my opinion on how not to get fucked out of not selling his car. That's all cash is king and a solid and serious buyer will give him a deposit if he is serious.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I'm about my money and business first. I've been stroked too many times and get stroked everyday by customers. Im just giving him my opinion on how not to get fucked out of not selling his car. That's all cash is king and a solid and serious buyer will give him a deposit if he is serious.

Relax bro I was just messing with ya.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Cliffs:

Agreed, that's not a 'good place' to be in the used car market due to those reasons, which is why I am doubtful about him getting the loan (even a personal one for that matter).

I'm sure there could be some very specific circumstance of like he has $4K, and needs another 2 to cover the car/title/tax/etc, but that would be a 'stupid' car purchase IMO. Granted, that's just IMO, I'd buy a cheaper car, or keep saving if I was in a similar position, even if it was my dream car...

this entire post is full of foolishness.

car loans are cheap as fuck. I'd rather have money in the bank, build my credit perpetually, and have a stupid low interest rate on something than pay cash up front for it.

thanks for your financial wizardry though Alan Greenspan

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wasn't that back in the 90's :bowrofl:

Times have changed.

Regardless, the american average is in the like 650-675 range right now. 700 is 'B' class credit, which is not far from stellar.

stellar is 760... 700 is far from it.

and me getting dumb car loans for less than 10k helped my credit score get there :rofl: but yeah. keep on preachin on.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
this entire post is full of foolishness.

car loans are cheap as fuck. I'd rather have money in the bank, build my credit perpetually, and have a stupid low interest rate on something than pay cash up front for it.

thanks for your financial wizardry though Alan Greenspan

CAR LOANS are cheap.

PERSONAL LOANS are not.

Getting a Car Loan for a late 90's Taurus is a straight long-shot for any financial institution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info