George Zimmerman Arrested Today

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
George Zimmerman's Wife on 911 Tape: 'I Am Really, Really Scared' - ABC News

George Zimmerman punched his father-in-law in the nose and threatened to shoot him and his wife, according to 911 tapes of a domestic incident today.

Zimmerman, acquitted in July of the murder of teenager Trayvon Martin, was handcuffed and detained and is being questioned by police in Lake Mary, Fla., according to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell. He has not been charged because his wife refused to press charges or give police a sworn statement.

Shellie Zimmerman called 911 shortly after 2 p.m. today and reported that her husband assaulted her father, Colin Morgan, and was waving a gun around and threatening her and her relatives, according to police in Lake Mary, Fla.

Lake Mary police took the call "extremely seriously" and sent eight units, including officers in tactical gear with ballistic shields, to the home, according to Police Chief Steve Bracknell.

Shellie Zimmerman Tells Why She Filed for Divorce

In the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman tells a dispatcher that her husband was in his car raging, adding "he continually has his hand on his gun and he says step closer…" When Shellie Zimmerman trails off the dispatcher asks "step closer and what?" to which Shellie responds "a Step closer and he'd shoot us."

Shellie Zimmerman and her father have refused to give police a sworn statement and have said they do not want to press charges, Bracknell said. Both Shellie's lawyer, Kelly Sims, as well as George Zimmerman's lawyer are at the home, ABC News has learned.

Police said that their hands are tied if Shellie Zimmerman and her father do not want to press charges. They told ABC News they were trying to figure out "what we have."

But the 911 tapes describe a terrified Shellie Zimmerman. On the call to a police dispatcher she told police that her husband punched her father in the nose, smashed her iPad, cut it with a pocketknife and raged, "one step closer and he'd shoot us."

"I don't know what he's capable of. I am really, really scared," she told the dispatcher.

When police arrived she could be heard on the phone saying, "Dad, get behind a car or something. I don't know if he's going to start shooting at us or not." George Zimmerman Feels 'Invincible,' His Wife Tells ABC News The incident comes just days after Shellie gave an explosive interview to ABC News in which she said that she's not sure she "ever really knew" her husband through their seven years of marriage and felt she was the victim of verbal abuse by him. She also said she believes the not guilty verdict has left her husband feeling "invincible" and since then has been "making some reckless decisions."

Watch Shellie Zimmerman Discuss Divorce in an Exclusive ABC News Interview
"I think I'm realizing that I have been married to a person for almost seven years, and I don't think that I ever really knew him at all," she said.

Shellie filed for divorce earlier this month, just two months after her husband was acquitted on murder charges related to the 2012 death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

Shellie said that she had stood by her husband throughout the ordeal that began on Feb. 26, 2012, when he shot and killed the unarmed teenager and came to an end when a Florida jury acquitted him of murder this summer.

"I stood by my husband through everything and I kind of feel like he left me with a bunch of broken glass that I'm supposed to now assemble and make a life. ... It's just heartbreaking," Shellie said.

"I have a selfish husband. And I think George is all about George," she said.

George Zimmerman's legal team declined to comment on the divorce proceedings. They did not immediately respond to requests for comment today relating to the domestic incident.

A few weeks/months ago he was pulled over in TX and given a warning for speeding, then earlier this week he was stopped in FL by a motorcycle cop and cited for speeding ( HERE ), last week his wife filed for divorce, and now this.

I actually feel really bad for the guy, but he's not doing himself any favors here. LAY FUCKING LOW, DUMBASS.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
tin_foil_hat.gif

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Soooooooo, because this story popped up while there's all this turmoil over syria means that we should view this story with less credibility? I mean I know it doesn't help that most everyone here feels the acquittal as justifiable, as do I, but does that mean we just brush off these new reports because we don't want to look like hypocritical assholes since most here have supported him as a media victim in the past? Call a spade a spade. If the reports are true and he's acting like an invincible douche, finger on the trigger looking for a reason to pull, and threatening to hurt his own family then fuck that guy.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Soooooooo, because this story popped up while there's all this turmoil over syria means that we should view this story with less credibility? I mean I know it doesn't help that most everyone here feels the acquittal as justifiable, as do I, but does that mean we just brush off these new reports because we don't want to look like hypocritical assholes since most here have supported him as a media victim in the past? Call a spade a spade. If the reports are true and he's acting like an invincible douche, finger on the trigger looking for a reason to pull, and threatening to hurt his own family then fuck that guy.

If I were brushing it off, I never would have posted it. Given the evidence that was presented (that I saw), I do agree with the acquittal. Keep in mind though, that I also agree with Casey Anthony's acquittal. I know, along with everyone else (including the jury members I'm sure), that she killed that little girl, but evidence is evidence, and the state didn't have a solid case.

So, basically, George Zimmerman can act like as big of a douche canoe as he pleases, but it won't change my views on the acquittal. I mean really, even if he had shot the father-in-law instead of just threatening him my view wouldn't change :dunno:

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Oh my god! Hes the first person to ever murder someone in the world!! Lets plaster it on tvs for months and then continue to report about it b/c it is so important to the advancement of america.

I want to agree with this so much, but seeing as how I just made a thread about him it would be a bit hypocritical :rollpicard:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

He is an upstanding citizen.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I dont find the story incredible or dismissable, but at this present time I gaurantee it will be national breaking MSM news while the focus is taken off our incompetent president dragging us into another war. Our countries future is more important than this fucking guy. Had this incident involved anyone else, this story wouldn't had made it past local news.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Could care less about Zimmerman or his wife.

The dip shit's 15 minutes of fame is about to end. Should do something constructive with his time / energy.

Use his fame to become a productive leader in his community and help those in need. But instead, he continues to act like a dip shit.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
He was just keeping it real.
:tg:

I kid. This shit probably didn't even happen, wife just got caught lying in court or some shit, she probably made this up to rape him in the divorce. I mean, its smart, who wouldnt believe the guy that just got off for shooting someone would threaten to pop her. Hating on him for traffic violations is retarded as well. Its a shame the media feel a need to report this insignificant shit, but its their job to get ratings, and this stuff sells well to our society unfortunately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info